Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Outside of Europe and North America I feel that South America, and more specifically Brazil, will be the largest market for the Renegade and 500X. Based on that I pulled pricing information for two of their more popular small CUV's, the Ford EcoSport and the Renault Duster.

According to Ford.com.br and renault.com.br the EcoSport and Duster are priced accordingly:

In Brazilian Reals

EcoSport: R$58.990
Duster: R$52.500

Now I do believe the Renegade will need to be far more utiliatrian in the Brazilian option to compete with the EcoSport and Duster, Which it should be considering its choice of manuals and diesels for the Brazilian market. Also, I do believe Jeep will have an advantage because word has it Jeep will be producing the Renegade in Brazil for the rest of the Latin market...

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Good point about this being a hit in Brazil. I know they promoted the Duster as a true off-road SUV that is just as capable in the city. This being a Jeep will have a bit of an upper hand over the duster

·
Registered
465 Posts
i think the renegade should be relatively popular for jeep internationally being a smaller car and having a youthful design and most importantly being cheap.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes the renegade will be configured much cheaper for the Latin market. Judging by the information available it seems like the Brazilian Renegade should come base FWD, with the 1.6 Tritec engine (108hp/112 lb-fts) and a five speed manual...

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
yes the renegade will be configured much cheaper for the Latin market. Judging by the information available it seems like the Brazilian Renegade should come base FWD, with the 1.6 Tritec engine (108hp/112 lb-fts) and a five speed manual...
It makes sense since they do call for cheaper vehicles, the american market demands more to be accepted by consumers and for it to even be competitive in the american market.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts