Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that we've seen what the production model Jeep Renegade looks like, it's time to hear what everyone here thinks about it, so lets hear it!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Is that the Mango Tango color? I hope this turns out to be a fun vehicle to drive. I can visualize the TH version parked next to my Cherokee Limited in the garage. I like the looks of it.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Is that the Mango Tango color?
The official name of the color is Omaha Orange.

Back to the original question. When I first saw the BU, I wasn't too happy with the design. It looked like someone designed it using legos but, it has grown on me.

Scott

·
Registered
402 Posts
Not sure how this is a "mini-jeep" when the exterior size is almost the same as the old XJ.

Scott

·
Registered
24 Posts
If the dimensions I saw elsewhere on the forum are correct, I was surprised to learn that the Renegade is actually two inches wider than my Patriot-and taller.

I like the design, for the most part. It got me here! I do expect some differences to appear when the production version is released....we'll see.

·
Registered
9 Posts
love it, might have swayed me if this was released before the Cherokee Trailhawk...trying to convince my fiance to trade in her CR-V for this when it hits showrooms in December 14 or January 15...I traded in a Honda Element for my Cherokee, this reminds me of what I hoped Honda would do with a later version of the Element, instead they discontinued the model...figures Jeep would come up with something this cool and functional as well...really like the Anvil TH model...

·
Registered
402 Posts
How is the Cherokee 'Hawk? I owned an old XJ and I loved it. The new Cherokees weren't out yet when I had to get a new vehicle so haven't had a chance to test drive/ride in one yet.

Scott

·
Registered
9 Posts
The world is changing, and tastes are changing. My next door neighbors just bought 2 Fiats, a 500L and an Abarth. The Abarth is tiny, like a toy, but my wife liked the 500L, only not sporty enough for her. When I showed her the Renegade she was smitten. We're Jeepers. Although we're not rock crawlers, we get off-road, and 100 inches of snow is about normal for our average winter. A lot of people say Fiat can't build real Jeeps, but if all they were building was Wranglers, they'd be out of business. Our Compass is a bear in a foot of snow, and since they're probably going away in the not too distant future, the Renegade is definitely on our radar.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The world is changing, and tastes are changing. My next door neighbors just bought 2 Fiats, a 500L and an Abarth. The Abarth is tiny, like a toy, but my wife liked the 500L, only not sporty enough for her. When I showed her the Renegade she was smitten. We're Jeepers. Although we're not rock crawlers, we get off-road, and 100 inches of snow is about normal for our average winter. A lot of people say Fiat can't build real Jeeps, but if all they were building was Wranglers, they'd be out of business. Our Compass is a bear in a foot of snow, and since they're probably going away in the not too distant future, the Renegade is definitely on our radar.
A lot of old school guys aren't having it.

I know Pathfinder fans were mad when they saw the new Nissan Pathfinder, no longer a truck based SUV. It's basically for soccer mom's now.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm already collecting Social Security, so I'm no spring chicken. You either go with the flow or get washed away. The only thing that's for sure is that things will change. I know what you mean about the Pathfinder. Our baby (he's 41) traded his Pathfinder in on a Tundra because he needed towing power for his Airstream.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Tony, this is not directed at you, just pointing out the history of changes with the Jeep brand in the past.

A lot of 'old school guys' wouldn't have the XJ, or a jeep with square lights or the new JKs....then someone takes one of the 'not a real jeep' jeeps out on the trail, proves it can handle it and suddenly it is accepted into the fold. It's happened with all the different jeep and it will continue to happen as Jeep evolves.

Scott

·
Registered
465 Posts
those old school jeepers arent very likely to buy these new jeeps anways. they can just keep buying wranglers and be happy. but jeep need to survive and profit and they sure arent going to survive just selling wranglers.

·
Registered
9 Posts
How is the Cherokee 'Hawk? I owned an old XJ and I loved it. The new Cherokees weren't out yet when I had to get a new vehicle so haven't had a chance to test drive/ride in one yet.

Scott
the Cherokee Trailhawk is a great SUV. lots of snow here in PA since I got it in November and it handled every storm like a champ. in nice weather, it is a great road trip vehicle...it's a head turner with the non-traditional Jeep looks, but it is a Jeep in every measurable way...can't wait to get it off-road in the Spring and test the Mud setting and on the beach to test the Sand setting

·
Registered
465 Posts
the 4x4 in the cherokee is capable. i dont really have anything bad to knock it on

im sure the 4x4 in the renegade will be capable as well - at least for its size

·
Registered
402 Posts
The Renegade will be sharing the 4x4 system with the Cherokee so I would expect similar performance.

Scott

1 - 20 of 23 Posts