Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bundle and save!

Improved performance and enhanced turbo sounds come together in this GFB Diverter Valve and SILA Concepts Blow Off Adaptor Plate Package.

To view the full details on this Blow Off Adaptor Plate and Diverter Valve package for your Turbocharged 1.3L Jeep Renegade please visit the link below:
Jeep Renegade 1.3L Diverter Valve + Blow off Adapter Plate Package

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so what is this supposed to do?
Hello Ops,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

This bundle includes two products.

First the DV+, it is an upgraded diverter valve. Often times the factory diverter can be a weak point when making boost with turbo vehicles. The DV+ by GoFastBits is a billet construction piece that works with the OEM solenoid to help hold boost pressure better allowing your Renegade to make more power and hold it longer, without being prone to leaking that can be associated with the OEM piece.

The second piece is the Blow Off Adaptor Plate by SILA Concepts. This is more of a fun upgrade as it is not designed to be a performance upgrade. The Blow Off Plate installed between the diverter valve and the turbo. When you let off the throttle and the throttle body closes, the turbo is still spinning building pressure. If you foot is off the accelerator and the throttle body closed this pressure needs to escape. The factory valve will direct these gases into the intake system. The Blow Off Adaptor allows for some of those gases to exit the system giving you the atmospheric dumping sound you may have heard from other turbocharged vehicles.

Both of these products are available by themselves if you would prefer to have one without the other. However to install both of them together they are stacked on each other requiring extended hardware to attach them. That is where the bundle comes in!

Hopefully that helps shed some light on these products. If you have any other questions I would need to have one of our Technical Advisors help. Please feel free to give us a call at 512-982-9393 TX or 562-981-6800 CA and one of our Representatives will be happy to help.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Ops,

This bundle includes two products.

First the DV+, it is an upgraded diverter valve. Often times the factory diverter can be a weak point when making boost with turbo vehicles. The DV+ by GoFastBits is a billet construction piece that works with the OEM solenoid to help hold boost pressure better allowing your Renegade to make more power and hold it longer, without being prone to leaking that can be associated with the OEM piece.

The second piece is the Blow Off Adaptor Plate by SILA Concepts. This is more of a fun upgrade as it is not designed to be a performance upgrade. The Blow Off Plate installed between the diverter valve and the turbo. When you let off the throttle and the throttle body closes, the turbo is still spinning building pressure. If you foot is off the accelerator and the throttle body closed this pressure needs to escape. The factory valve will direct these gases into the intake system. The Blow Off Adaptor allows for some of those gases to exit the system giving you the atmospheric dumping sound you may have heard from other turbocharged vehicles.

Both of these products are available by themselves if you would prefer to have one without the other. However to install both of them together they are stacked on each other requiring extended hardware to attach them. That is where the bundle comes in!

Hopefully that helps shed some light on these products. If you have any other questions I would need to have one of our Technical Advisors help. Please feel free to give us a call at 512-982-9393 TX or 562-981-6800 CA and one of our Representatives will be happy to help.

Thanks again!
Bundle and save!

Improved performance and enhanced turbo sounds come together in this GFB Diverter Valve and SILA Concepts Blow Off Adaptor Plate Package.

To view the full details on this Blow Off Adaptor Plate and Diverter Valve package for your Turbocharged 1.3L Jeep Renegade please visit the link below:

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So does this fit both the 1.3L and the 1.4L? Because I see on the website it says 1.3L on the tittle but the description below says “fits all 1.4L models”
Hello DHD,

The kit is available for both the 1.3L and 1.4L Renegades.

We do have separate listing for each one.

renegade diverter pack - search

I would need to get you in touch with one of our Senior Technical Advisors as to if the two bundles are the same or not.

Feel free to give them a call at 512-982-9393 TX or 562-981-6800 CA and they will be happy to chat with you about that.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
2022 Jeep Renegade Altitude 1.3L 4WD
85 Posts
Bundle and save!

Can’t wait to get this. Just picked up my 2022 Altitude 1.3L Turbo. Definitely feels quick, but then falls off. I’ve got the pedal commander from my 2019 and it makes a huge difference, but sadly the exhaust didn’t fit going from FWD to 4WD, and the Autoflash sadly doesn’t transfer as well… lol. Needless to say… somebody got a lot of stuff from my 2019 as I had a custom intake and MPx Header as well. The turbo setup on this thing looks way to complicated imho. Can’t be all that efficient let’s be honest, lol.

Reactions: MADNESS Autoworks

·
Registered
85 Posts
Received my kit Thursday, just got around to installing it today and sadly it doesn’t fit correctly without forcing it in place. I was able to get just the Diverter valve to work and it’s still pressed hard against the plastic fitting for the Crankcase Pressure Sensor. With the BOV Plate in place it would have broken the fitting which is only plastic had I cranked down on it. I do actually have an intake tube in the works, so once this is done I believe I’ll be able to place the plate on, but with the factory tube I just don’t see how it would work without damage that fitting.
Tire Automotive tire Bicycle tire Tread Automotive fuel system

Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive super charger part Auto part

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Received my kit Thursday, just got around to installing it today and sadly it doesn’t fit correctly without forcing it in place. I was able to get just the Diverter valve to work and it’s still pressed hard against the plastic fitting for the Crankcase Pressure Sensor. With the BOV Plate in place it would have broken the fitting which is only plastic had I cranked down on it. I do actually have an intake tube in the works, so once this is done I believe I’ll be able to place the plate on, but with the factory tube I just don’t see how it would work without damage that fitting.
Hello Swoledadof3,

On the 1.3L Turbo that fitting can be a little troublesome. Many of our customers have disconnected the fitting from the mounting point.

If you would like a little extra peace of mind a zip tie through the bracket and around the fitting can help hold it in place, but thus far that has not been necessary in our testing.

If you would like, please feel free to send me a PM with your contact info and I can have one of our Technical Advisors reach out to you. Or you may give us a call at 512-982-9393 TX or 562-981-6800 CA and they will be happy to chat and help you out.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
2022 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk Alpine White
23 Posts
Hello Swoledadof3,

On the 1.3L Turbo that fitting can be a little troublesome. Many of our customers have disconnected the fitting from the mounting point.

If you would like a little extra peace of mind a zip tie through the bracket and around the fitting can help hold it in place, but thus far that has not been necessary in our testing.

If you would like, please feel free to send me a PM with your contact info and I can have one of our Technical Advisors reach out to you. Or you may give us a call at 512-982-9393 TX or 562-981-6800 CA and they will be happy to chat and help you out.

Thanks again!
Hi,
I believe the poster was referring to the small vacuum hose in their photo.
sadly it doesn’t fit correctly without forcing it in place. I was able to get just the Diverter valve to work and it’s still pressed hard against the plastic fitting for the Crankcase Pressure Sensor.
Not the large intake pipe in your photo.

I do have a question though, with using the blow off plate, doesn't that make you lose boost fed back into the intake? Therefore either sacrificing power or efficiency?
I would love to do this, but I don't really want to see my HP drop or an increase in fuel consumption. (I understand how turbos work, I'm pretty sure losing that extra boost pressure will cause your engine performance to decline)
Please correct me if I'm wrong. I know either system (DV+, blow off plate, or both) will help keep your turbo spooled and not putting back pressure on your turbine.
But do you have any numbers? Like a bump in fuel efficiency or increase in power?
Don't get me wrong I am very interested in this modification and have been looking at it for awhile.
Also do you offer any return period or money back guarantee?
Thanks,
Spiz

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I do have a question though, with using the blow off plate, doesn't that make you lose boost fed back into the intake? Therefore either sacrificing power or efficiency?
I would love to do this, but I don't really want to see my HP drop or an increase in fuel consumption. (I understand how turbos work, I'm pretty sure losing that extra boost pressure will cause your engine performance to decline)
Please correct me if I'm wrong. I know either system (DV+, blow off plate, or both) will help keep your turbo spooled and not putting back pressure on your turbine.
But do you have any numbers? Like a bump in fuel efficiency or increase in power?
Don't get me wrong I am very interested in this modification and have been looking at it for awhile.
Thanks,
Spiz
Hello Spizro,

There should be no HP drop, nor decrease in performance for automatic vehicles.

Manual Jeeps may need to respool the turbo a bit if shifts are too slow.

There's currently no numbers that will demonstrate either of those (Like a bump in fuel efficiency or increase in power) as there are too many other variables to be able to isolate the DV/blow off plate as the single cause of increase or decrease.

The GFB DV will not increase peak power figures, but will help the turbo spool faster and hold in peak boost more effectively than the factory DV that is designed to pass some air through as it's made for more "comfortable" turbo engagement versus performance.

I would like to get you in touch with one of our Technical Advisors who have tons of experience with these products and could help answer any other questions you have.

Please give us a call at 512-982-9393 TX or 562-981-6800 CA and they can chat with you real time and answer your questions.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi,
I believe the poster was referring to the small vacuum hose in their photo.

Not the large intake pipe in your photo.

Thanks,
Spiz
I can honestly say since replacing it I've noticed it to be a little more laggy in manual mode, for instance if I'm taking off from a light and I short shift at about 3500-4000 rpm there is no turbo sound or BO noise until about 5th gear. In Drive, I immediately here the turbo start to spool and the whooshes and psst noises associated with Boost Pressure. So, what I've determined is from a stop Drive is the best option, however if I'm driving say on the hwy and need to pass above 70mph having it in 4th, 5th, or 6th gear is instant boost and all the power I need. So, I do 100% see what you are saying and because I prefer to drive in manual mode most of the time I've actually considered removing the BOV plate, but it'll be a few weeks as I've got some traveling coming up for business and need to get that out of the way first. At least to test the theory.

·
Registered
2022 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk Alpine White
23 Posts
I can honestly say since replacing it I've noticed it to be a little more laggy in manual mode, for instance if I'm taking off from a light and I short shift at about 3500-4000 rpm there is no turbo sound or BO noise until about 5th gear. In Drive, I immediately here the turbo start to spool and the whooshes and psst noises associated with Boost Pressure. So, what I've determined is from a stop Drive is the best option, however if I'm driving say on the hwy and need to pass above 70mph having it in 4th, 5th, or 6th gear is instant boost and all the power I need. So, I do 100% see what you are saying and because I prefer to drive in manual mode most of the time I've actually considered removing the BOV plate, but it'll be a few weeks as I've got some traveling coming up for business and need to get that out of the way first. At least to test the theory.
Hey thanks for letting me know that. I've noticed that it's a bit laggy in manual for me(stock).
I came from a manual civic si, dual clutch and a short throw. I like to "think" I can shift faster than the jeep in manual. (I don't know why I said manual si, they've never come in auto)
However, I understand the technology that goes into manual automatics, so it is very close to if not impossible that I could shift faster. So it may be my over inflated ego, or that the renegade isn't a performance vehicle? Maybe it's just a placebo? Since I'm the one actually shifting I think I'm going faster?
All I know is my sister's Mercedes AMG GT can blow through gears in manual mode. When I'm in the Jeep though I just don't feel it engages all that quick?
Do you let off the gas when you shift in your Jeep? That could be another factor? Maybe?

I just think it would be cool to have the pssst, but maybe it's too comical on a jeep?
Is it quite loud or just right in terms of sound?
Hey thanks again,
Spiz

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hey thanks for letting me know that. I've noticed that it's a bit laggy in manual for me(stock).
I came from a manual civic si, dual clutch and a short throw. I like to "think" I can shift faster than the jeep in manual. (I don't know why I said manual si, they've never come in auto)
However, I understand the technology that goes into manual automatics, so it is very close to if not impossible that I could shift faster. So it may be my over inflated ego, or that the renegade isn't a performance vehicle? Maybe it's just a placebo? Since I'm the one actually shifting I think I'm going faster?
All I know is my sister's Mercedes AMG GT can blow through gears in manual mode. When I'm in the Jeep though I just don't feel it engages all that quick?
Do you let off the gas when you shift in your Jeep? That could be another factor? Maybe?

I just think it would be cool to have the pssst, but maybe it's too comical on a jeep?
Is it quite loud or just right in terms of sound?
Hey thanks again,
Spiz
I did actually remove it for a couple days and it doesn't feel any different to be honest. Typically I don't remove my foot from the accelerator when manually shifting unless necessary. It is pretty loud, yes. I love it. The looks it gets are pretty cool as most people would never expect it from a Jeep. I actually installed my one off catted downpipe last weekend and had to remove it as I was living with a constant Boost Solenoid out of range and lean condition code. Guess I'll have to hold off on that until we have some tuning options available.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts