Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've noticed that there are two different styles of headlamps on the upcoming Jeep Renegade. Are the headlamps shown on the white model below HIDs? It looks like it, but I haven't seen anything about HID lights in any reporting / documentation.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The headlamps on the white Jeep Renegade LOOK like they could be HIDs, but so do the headlamps on my Fiat 500 (which are not HIDs). I'd love to find out if they are in fact HIDs... that might seal the deal for me on getting one of these!

·
Registered
831 Posts
I think you might be right @pantheman75, nothing in the Renegades official features list made mention of HID's...

·
Registered
465 Posts
they should be xenons. if they aren't its a halogen projector

the bottom one is just a regular halogen reflector.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I doubt the headlights are HID. Jeep would be listing them as such in the standard feature list if they were.

Scott

·
Registered
62 Posts
It doesn't bother me if they are HID or not. I just want those projector housings. If they arn't HID, the projector mounting is right there so HID housings would easily be installed however, HID's will not easily be installed with the standard reflectors. Group order anyone?

·
Registered
602 Posts
Only the Europe models get those types of lights. They are not coming to the U.S. I don't know if it is because of cost or DOT standards... Either way could point to them being HID's.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I just checked the U.K. Jeep Renegade website. These are indeed HID Xenon Lights for the Visibility Pack. Unfortunately, not for the U.S.
Good news, parts is parts, maybe you can order the bits and do it yourself.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I don't like HID lights at all and won't buy a car with HID lights. My Renegade will have standard halogen lights.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Those headlights look far better with projectors, chances are it's what we're going to get years down the road.

Would any of you here try to order a set from overseas for your Renegade?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Why not just order a set from TRS? And do a retrofit yourself. With a circle headlight is going to be pretty much straightforward.

Does anyone know if it's a 7" round headlight?
http://www.hidprojectors.com/images/MONSTER%20DEVIL%20EYES.JPG[img/]

[img]http://www.wranglerforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=206937&thumb=1&d=1360265540[img/]

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/complete-headlight-fog-light-housings/jw-speaker-8700-evolution-headlight-7-inch-round.html#.VO6_SsNOlTc

Not sure how to embed photos or links

·
Registered
74 Posts
Euro spec headlights are not the same as US spec headlights.

If I wanted to import a car from the US to Europe, I would have to change the headlights to comply to Euro regulations.
I'm pretty shure it works the other way around too.

So importing headlights from Europe might be not such a good idea.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Only the Europe models get those types of lights. They are not coming to the U.S. I don't know if it is because of cost or DOT standards... Either way could point to them being HID's.
The projector looks are nice but true HIDs are expensive as OEM or later add-on and very expensive to repair. They would fall under the 3/36 warranty and would blow the day after expiration. Could be $1000 to repair.

I'll stick with some nice Silverstars and XPel film thank you.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts