Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure what my insurance cost will be yet, and I thought a thread could be helpful to everyone if we pool our knowledge a bit.

Once you have an insurance quote, please add a post to this thread with some details about yourself and the quote you received in order to help other members determine how much insurance should cost for the Renegade. Attributes such as age, accident history, number of cars, miles driven per year, state of residence, and others can be factors in insurance quotes.

I'm coming from a much older vehicle, so I'm not certain how much it will cost me to insure the new Renegade. I'll report back once I know.

Maybe some insurers will be cheaper than others, across the board, for new Renegade owners? If so, this thread could all save us money.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am in the exact same position, having had the same car for the last 11 years. This too is my concern. I'll keep you posted if I find out anything because I most likely will be purchasing the Jeep Renegade in March (as my dealer last week said it should be in their lot in the next 45 - 60 days).

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Great idea for a thread, but..

Insurance is SO subjective, I'm sure it is similar all across the U.S. In Southern California you can get the same coverage at company A for $x1 or go to someone else for the same coverage for $x4. Now why pay four times as much? some people are stuck in a rut at their same old family agent and just cannot bear to leave them.

Then, there is your driving record, where you live (some places, California outlawed this but I'm sure the insurance companies found a way to jack up certain prices in certain areas.

Then there is your age, male less that 25 pays through the nose, females not so much.

Then there is the amount and type of coverage, the amount of deductible, etc.

Then there is how many vehicles you have insured, do you carry your homeowner insurance with them, etc. etc.

Your best bet is to call and shop around in your area, based on your circumstances once the Renegade is out and the insurance companies have rates for them. This is just really not something you can compare apples to apples on with your fellow forum members.

·
Registered
134 Posts
True. There are lots of variables. For example...where will replacement parts come from? My wife's MINI was ultra-expensive to repair after a collision with a deer. Just a fender, hood, headlight, and paint repair was $5,400. A lot of that was because the OE parts had to ship from Europe. Since the Renegade is made in Italy, it could have the same issue.

Otherwise I don't expect any shocks with insurance quotes. I have seen rates actually drop when replacing old vehicles with a brand new one in the past, due to the increase in safety features on new vehicles. A new vehicle is less liability for the insurance company, therefore, lower rates for you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
bumping the thread...

I am trying to figure out my savings (or addition) of insurance payments between this car, the XV Crosstrek, and my current car. The crosstrek is less expensive than my current ride, but the Jeep isn't on the Geico calculator yet. I ran it through as the Patriot 4x4 (most comparable?) and the rate was 200$ cheaper per 6 month term than my current rate.

If that's the case, that would be great!

Anybody know when this would become active and listed on the insurance sites?

·
Registered
454 Posts
I just called Geico since the Renegade still isn't on the website. So my policy is going from $220 every 6 months to $306. Granted this is full coverage with a $100 deductable. Not bad considering I am going from a 2008 Yaris to a 2015 TH.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I just called Geico since the Renegade still isn't on the website. So my policy is going from $220 every 6 months to $306. Granted this is full coverage with a $100 deductable. Not bad considering I am going from a 2008 Yaris to a 2015 TH.

$306 every six months with only a $100 deductible? ****. It is true what they say about Michigan insurance. I am a married 41 year old male, with no claims or tickets in the past 10-15 years and with a $550 deductible and my insurance is about $450-$500 every six months. And that is pretty reasonably priced insurance since last I bid out two years ago.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I got a quote from St Farm before I placed my order to see what I would be paying.... only $20 more/6 months. Going from 2001 Ford Escape. Was surprised, expected it to be more... I realize there are many factors involved in insurance pricing, but this is interesting just to see how much more/less people are paying from old to new vehicle!

·
Super Moderator
3,685 Posts
I am trying to figure out my savings (or addition) of insurance payments between this car, the XV Crosstrek, and my current car. The crosstrek is less expensive than my current ride, but the Jeep isn't on the Geico calculator yet. I ran it through as the Patriot 4x4 (most comparable?) and the rate was 200$ cheaper per 6 month term than my current rate.

If that's the case, that would be great!

Anybody know when this would become active and listed on the insurance sites?

MSRP is higher, so no patriot is likely not comparable. I had a similar issue with state farm for me. Called to get costs with VIN #s to compare stuff, they didn't have the renegade in their system. We'll see how insuring it goes, they didn't seem ot have any issues that they mentioned when we called the mother ship form the dealer. Previously I was going through my agent.

·
Registered
454 Posts
$306 every six months with only a $100 deductible? ****. It is true what they say about Michigan insurance. I am a married 41 year old male, with no claims or tickets in the past 10-15 years and with a $550 deductible and my insurance is about $450-$500 every six months. And that is pretty reasonably priced insurance since last I bid out two years ago.
Well some factors for me is I'm 44 divorced and live in a small rural town surrounded by corn fields in south central Illinois. So that may help. Also sorry it's $100 comprehensive but $500 collision.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have AAA and my insurance basically doubled when I added in the Rene...

But, in fairness I've got 2 bikes and the Rene with just about anything I could get (P/L, P/D, Comp, Collision, uninsured motorist, alien attack, etc...), so that runs it up a bit....
(Better to be over insured than under insured...)

·
Registered
499 Posts
It was another $564 per 6 months (primary - wife) to add the Renegade on to our policy. We've got a 21 year-old son on the policy so it raises the cost on all the household vehicles. To put it into comparison, on the same policy, I've got a 2013 BRZ at 388.70 (primary - me), a 2013 Genesis at 635.70 (primary - wife), a 1997 Acura 3.2TL at 470.70 (no comprehensive, primary - son), and a 1999 XJ at 248.30 (primary - me). This is for the metro NY area, good driver discounts, multi-line discounts, but no discount for tying our homeowners to it - even separately, my homeowners is still cheaper than bundling it.

Everyone's situation will be different, as stated here already, but you can get a good idea of the relative costs based on the vehicles I listed.

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
Whoa
That is over 2300 in insurance. Granted its for 5 (expensive) cars, but wow.
Ok so are you saying its $564 a month for the Renegade here in NYC or is that for the 6 month policy portion for the Renegade?

TS

·
Registered
499 Posts
Whoa
That is over 2300 in insurance. Granted its for 5 (expensive) cars, but wow.
Ok so are you saying its $564 a month for the Renegade here in NYC or is that for the 6 month policy portion for the Renegade?

TS
6 months for the Renegade. All of the numbers I listed were 6 month terms.

Before we had our son on the policy, the insurance premiums were about half of that - lesson learned: don't have sons, or adopt them at 25 ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.