Jeep Renegade Forum banner

Jeep Renegade Lowering Springs by MADNESS

21K views 27 replies 10 participants last post by  Fremont 
#1 ·
Have you been thinking of being different, looking to lower your Jeep Renegade?

Look no further!

We have created these MADNESS Lowering Springs to lower your car and improve handling and the way your Jeep Renegade rides.

These Lowering Springs are made in Germany specifically for the Jeep Renegade!

For more information on this product please follow the link below:

https://madnessautoworks.com/2017-J...p-renegade-lowering-springs-by-madness-pid516

See less See more
Discussion starter · #4 ·
We need some pictures of the vehicle with them installed!
Here is an image for reference with these springs installed. We additional images on the product listing on our website. If you have any further questions please feel free to reach out to us directly!

Discussion starter · #5 ·
For those that want to take a different route!

We think the Jeep Renegade would make a great, little rally wagon and decided to design and manufacturer a set of performance lowering springs for those that feel the same way.

Here are a few more installed shots to see if this is the kit for you!

Discussion starter · #9 ·

These MADNESS Lowering Springs were developed as a joint effort between us (MADNESS) and our European Partners that produce some of the best performance spring in the world.

We designed the springs to be linear and progressive for the best combination of ride and handling. The front springs are progressive and the rear are linear which allows us to offer a nice drop, improved handling and a nice ride.

Product Link
https://madnessautoworks.com/2017-J...p-renegade-lowering-springs-by-madness-pid516

Discussion starter · #10 ·
We think the Jeep Renegade would make a great, little rally wagon and decided to design and manufacture a set of performance lowering springs for those that feel the same way.

Approx. 1.4" drop

Front Springs:
Rate 1 - 97.07 lbs
Rate 2 - 159.9 lbs
Spring Type - Progressive

Rear Springs:
Rate 1 - 131.33 lbs
Spring Type - Linear

More information and pricing can be found on our website

Let us know if you have any questions

Discussion starter · #12 ·
Long story short; The service tech or advisor would have to prove that the springs caused whatever failure.

Now some service centers are more modification friendly than others. While one will welcome it another could say no. The best course of action in that cause is usually to talk to the center you plan on using and maybe some others in the surrounding area.

Discussion starter · #14 ·
Give your Renegade an enhanced stance and aggressive look with the MADNESS Edition Lowering Springs!

These will drop your Renegade roughly 1.4" onto a progressive performance spring. The fronts are changed to 97.07-159.9lbs while the rears are linear at 131.33lbs. Allowing you to maintain a great ride while lowering your vehicle.

More information and pricing can be found on our website

Let us know if you have any questions

Discussion starter · #16 ·
I have got 1 saying it will not void warranty and two that said it would. I really would like to do this but very concerned. When I had a Mini, I never had issue changing up my suspension as long as it was done by them or a certified Mini mechanic.
Unless the part in question can be proven to have caused the failure there is generally no issue. Springs are not going to cause a transmission or turbo failure.

Now we can't do anything to influence a dealer or service center but we do work with several and they know what we at MADNESS do to our vehicles. We have not had any issues but this is one of those case by case things. So if you have a service center saying they won't mind if you have aftermarket springs that is probably your best bet for warrenty work.

Discussion starter · #17 ·

We designed the springs to be linear and progressive for the best combination of ride and handling. The front springs are progressive and the rear are linear which allows us to offer a nice drop, improved handling and a nice ride.

For the full details on these MADNESS lowering springs for your Jeep Renegade please visit the link below:
Jeep - Jeep Renegade Lowering Springs by MADNESS - MADNESS Autoworks - Auto Parts and Accessories

Discussion starter · #19 ·
These don't fit the front wheel drive models?!

I figured that would be the target audience
falcn, Yes these do not fit the front wheel drive models.

At the time of development we did not have access to a front wheel drive.

We believe the Jeep Renegade makes for a great rally wagon and many customers feel the same way and wanted to lower their AWD for better performance on the road and dirt tracks.

"I’ve had my Jeep for almost 2 years and it’s been lowered for about a year now. In my opinion it rides & handles better than the stock springs did, I absolutely love it!"~ Abigail N.

To get these MADNESS Lowering Springs for your Jeep Renegade please visit the link below:
Jeep - Jeep Renegade Lowering Springs by MADNESS - MADNESS Autoworks - Auto Parts and Accessories

Discussion starter · #20 ·
Discussion starter · #21 ·

If you would like more details on these MADNESS Lowering Springs for your Jeep Renegade please visit the link below:

Discussion starter · #23 ·
Hoping nobody gets upset this might revive an old thread, but recently put these on my fwd reny, despite my weeks of review searching I somehow missed they don't fit fwd models. Presently awaiting the rear struts to show up to finish, but front doesn't appear to sit any lower.
Hello DroppedToast.

Thank you for reaching out to us.

As you noted these springs are designed for the 4WD models. The FWD will most likely be a less dramatic drop as I believe they come a little lower from the factory.

If our team can be of any assistance to you, please give us a call at 512-982-9393 TX or 562-981-6800 CA. Both locations have worked on dozens of Renegades and may be able to offer some insight.

Thanks again.

Discussion starter · #27 ·
I bought a set of the Madness springs, but now I'm hesitant to install them. My wife is short, so lowering the Jeep would be nice. But I'm worried about the ride. Generally, we lower a car for better handling, so we accept a stiffer ride. If I put these springs on (some hundreds of dollars of labor and alignment) and it rides rougher than stock, I'm going to be spending the same amount to restore it to stock the next day. (Price of the springs is the least of this all....)
Madness says it rides well, but that's subjective. So here's an example. My wife had a Scion xB that she dearly loved (but it rusted out, hence the Jeep which she hates). When the factory tires wore out, I put on Pirelli's, telling her they are great tires (which they are to me). She hated them, the ride was so much rougher. Yeah, to me, the stiffer sidewall and crisper handling was an improvement. I learned something that day. So I replaced them with Altimax R-43s, smooth riding tires (and some guy got a great deal on Pirelli's with like 100 miles on them).
So, anyone with experience with the Madness springs, please please please! How is the ride compared to stock?
Hello Fremont,

Thank you for your purchase. Typically any lowering spring is going to cause the ride to be firmer on any vehicle. Be them our springs, or a different manufacturer.

Often times what you lose in comfort is made up for exponentially in handling, stability and other areas. Those of us who tend to drive a little more aggressively are more than willing to make that trade off.

It sounds like your wife may be more focused on comfort. I would say if changing to Pirelli's made the ride to rough for her then the chances of her being happy with the springs are slim.

Provided you haven't installed the springs yet we should be able to take them back. Give one of our Representatives a call at 512-982-9393 TX, or 562-981-6800 CA and they can let you know the specifics on our return procedures.

We do offer some side steps/running boards that can help make life easier for the misses getting in and out, that won't effect ride quality.

Thanks again.