Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The BU Renegade will be available with two stereo head units. The base unit is a 5 inch screen that uses the Microsoft/FIAT software. The 6,5 inch unit uses the award winning QNX based Chrysler software. Both systems will be branded Uconnect regardless.

Both the 5 inch and the 6.5 inch unit should include:

• Blue Tooth
  • Digital Audio Broadcast
  • HD Radio
  • Digital Media compatibility
  • Satellite Radio
  • Navigation
  • USB connectivity
  • AUX audio inputs

·
Registered
49 Posts
Android Auto??

So I was watching the Google I/O keynote speech yesterday and in the Android Auto presentation Jeep was listed in the names of automakers working with Google on Android Auto. They also mentioned that it would ship in some cars this fall. Then I saw this image:
http://cdn.carbuzz.com/images2/400000/7000/200/407201.jpg

I don't own a current jeep, nor have I sat in one with the IVI system, but I do not recall seeing anything mentioned about 3d map view. Does the current Jeep IVI nav offer 3d satellite style view?

If not...then I am getting pretty excited.

·
Registered
953 Posts
The Android system won't be in cars till 2015, so maybe Jeep will switch over to it in next year's production cycle.

People would be crazy to not pay the extra to get the QNX system since its so good. I don't trust much that has the Fiat brand associated with it.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Great find @keymonkey! I'm in the same boat so can't say FOR SURE. However I do want to say that they don't. As BMW and MErcedes have just begun to offer this technology in their respective systems, they're usually ahead of the pedestrian brands.

But again, I can't confirm either way...

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
i can't stop looking at that interior, can't get enough of it
That Orange and Black interior is the "Opening Edition" interior found on the test site. That is the only place I have seen black with orange accents even offered.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
That Orange and Black interior is the "Opening Edition" interior found on the test site. That is the only place I have seen black with orange accents even offered.
Thanks, i'll look into it more. I really hope they have more special editions like this seeing how this is a new vehicle that's only in it's first year of production.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
they've gone a bit mad with the wranglers lately, a couple are cool but at this point its become "not this again" ;)

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Heading off tomorrow morning to get the '07 Liberty 'inspected' for a recall hitch. While I'm wasting an hour, I'm going to check out the Chrysler UCONNECT and see if I like it.

I wonder if the GPS will show anything while offroad to the point of off-grid...

·
Super Moderator
3,476 Posts
Thanks, i'll look into it more. I really hope they have more special editions like this seeing how this is a new vehicle that's only in it's first year of production.
At one of the motor journalist things they said they would be doing special editions regularly.

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Heading off tomorrow morning to get the '07 Liberty 'inspected' for a recall hitch. While I'm wasting an hour, I'm going to check out the Chrysler UCONNECT and see if I like it.

I wonder if the GPS will show anything while offroad to the point of off-grid...
I can't remember which review I saw of the cherokee, but one of the complaints was that the GPS does not allow the operator to leave "bread crumbs" of their positions in the GPS to make it easier to get back while off road.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Hopefully that's something they address, it would be a good practice that they look into things people find to be helpful, maybe shooting this over to them could see it's way into an update.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I can't remember which review I saw of the cherokee, but one of the complaints was that the GPS does not allow the operator to leave "bread crumbs" of their positions in the GPS to make it easier to get back while off road.
Yes, I'd hate for the rescue team to lose my GPS signal and get a fix on my position using good ole-fashioned buzzards.

I'll have an embossed map of MOAB on my console to look at in my last moments while I'm staring up thru MySky at the circling birds. Would an easter-egg of a buzzard somewhere on the Renegade be a fun marketing idea or not? Maybe on the spare tire cover. Like to say: "Shoulda checked your spare tire too." Outdoors people aren't without a sense of humor, you know.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
And if anybody wants to download a PDF of their future 5.0 or 6.5 system, here's a link. The manual is the best I could do to check the functionality of he system. More information is available only if you register your VIN....

http://www.fiatusa.com/en/owners/manuals/

·
Registered
602 Posts
I just hope the system is better than what is in the current Fiat models. I have a Abarth the system durability is really poor. It can't handle heat at all. The screen locks up or wont display titles properly or sometimes doesn't work at all. Then if I use my iPod in the USB it is not as loud as the regular stereo/ CD/ Satellite. I paid for the upgraded Beats and it was not worth the money.

·
Super Moderator
3,476 Posts
I just hope the system is better than what is in the current Fiat models. I have a Abarth the system durability is really poor. It can't handle heat at all. The screen locks up or wont display titles properly or sometimes doesn't work at all. Then if I use my iPod in the USB it is not as loud as the regular stereo/ CD/ Satellite. I paid for the upgraded Beats and it was not worth the money.
Nothing beats is slapped on is worth the money. Audio wise, they pretty much just sell an eq curve and a badge. Half the time, the eq curve is simply to make the non-beats mode sound like junk.

iPod via USB is quieter than the built in stuff in a lot of cars. It's pretty common.

The heat sensitivity sounds awful though. What kind of outdoor temps are killing it?

·
Registered
602 Posts
Nothing beats is slapped on is worth the money. Audio wise, they pretty much just sell an eq curve and a badge. Half the time, the eq curve is simply to make the non-beats mode sound like junk.

iPod via USB is quieter than the built in stuff in a lot of cars. It's pretty common.

The heat sensitivity sounds awful though. What kind of outdoor temps are killing it?
It starts having issues when ODT is +95F.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts