Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
I could not help but wonder what the cable was attached to on the Renegade. It did not look iike it had a trailer hitch. And I also did not see any Trailhawk tow hooks. So what was the cable attached to on that Renegade? Oh now I see the turn signal mirrors. So it is a Rrailhawk as the thread states, just can't see the tow hook. Impressive tow job!

·
Super Moderator
3,685 Posts
I could not help but wonder what the cable was attached to on the Renegade. It did not look iike it had a trailer hitch. And I also did not see any Trailhawk tow hooks. So what was the cable attached to on that Renegade? Oh now I see the turn signal mirrors. So it is a Rrailhawk as the thread states, just can't see the tow hook. Impressive tow job!
Very hard to tell given the quality, but it's a silver blob on the left, so I am assuming it is the factory eye bolt for being towed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yep, it's a Trailhawk. No "eye bolt" (?)but the standard"tow hook" it came with, and being Anvil in color it's a dead give-a-way for being a Trailhawk too.. Glad you liked the I-phone video. The next video had the poor Ford owner crying in embarrassment. Out of respect to his southern heritage, the file was destroyed.

·
Super Moderator
3,685 Posts
Yep, it's a Trailhawk. No "eye bolt" (?)but the standard"tow hook" it came with, and being Anvil in color it's a dead give-a-way for being a Trailhawk too.. Glad you liked the I-phone video. The next video had the poor Ford owner crying in embarrassment. Out of respect to his southern heritage, the file was destroyed.
Yeah, on a bigger screen I can see hte logo on the side. Man that's some low quality video.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Had you driven through the water where the Ford got stuck billbrig?
No. The Ford owner was launching his fishing boat and backed up too far. He got in a hole and couldn't go any further back or forth. I just happened to be there, had a chain and a capable little vehicle. Like any other Jeep owner, I helped him out. Sorry for the condition of the video, but we weren't expecting to film that day and we were more interested in enjoying the trails, the beautiful weather and seeing what this lil Trailhawk can do. So far I am amazed and lovin this Renegade more than I've dreamed of .???? Well worth the 3 month wait from the time I ordered it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
7 month up-date from saving the FORD

:ReneBlueWave:
Haven't pulled out any more Fords, Lately, but still enjoying this capable little jeep on the trails, highways, and around town for over 8 months. No problems or issues other than making sure the Dealer puts back all the skid plate bolts after those "free" oil changes they gave me.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
. . . No problems or issues other than making sure the Dealer puts back all the skid plate bolts after those "free" oil changes they gave me.
That's exactly why I do my own oil changes (I did get one free oil change that I didn't use).

·
Registered
98 Posts
Awesome! I hate to be the stick in the mud (heh, heh), but they definitely didn't set up the recovery properly D: . Chain is a big nono for recovery and they didn't set a dead weight on top of it. A broken chain can go through anything..

Reactions: erkmadhatter
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.