Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I am owner of 2015 Jeep Renegade Limited. I have had some weird issues appear in my Jeep and it has become real frustrating. I have had some random warning lights turn on, it first starts from check airbag warning, then auto/start stop unavailable warning, those two warnings switch back and forth for a few minutes. After a while it continues with check engine warnings, then chwck parking brake warning, and then finally finishes with transmission blinking and finally car not being able to d3ive anymore. Sometimes it turns off everything by simply turning the car 8ff and on again, but sometimes it takes a whole day to "come to its senses". It happenes just randomly and I just cannot figure out what could be the problem that causes such behaviour. I have had it checked in dealership for a few times, that didn't do anythig, it just got worse and worse after each visit to the official Jeep dealership. I have had it checked by few other mechanics that had checked some wireing, that fixed the problem only temporarily. It keeps coming back at unpredicted times, and I just don't know what to do anymore. I hope that somebody would have any idea of what could be the problem.
P.s. I bought the bew battery, that fixes the problem for about 2-3 months, then it started happening again, and each time it happens it has worse sypmtoms.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Had very similar problems with my 19 limited, dealer it came from could or would not find the problem so i took it to another dealer and they updated the computer. No problems since, might be worth trying another dealer.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Have your battery load tested, (fee at AutoZone, Orileys etc.) these little jeeps are very sensitive to low voltage, and never ever jump start with another vehicle with engine running, a jump pack is much safer, if your jeep will be down several weeks get a battery tender to keep battery topped off.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both for your replies. I have had by battery tested recently and it had no problems, but one of the mechanics told me that I could try to replace alternator. I will also try to update the computer and see if that makes any difference. Thank you again for the advice :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update I did the computer update of all components, it turned off airbag warning for now but other warnings just got worse. It starts with auto/start stop unavailable, check engine, then it procedes with check electronic brakes, and then it shifts out of gear and the car is unable to move. The battery is also fine. Im running out of ideas for what to do with this car

·
Registered
2015 Renegade Latitude 2.4
22 Posts
What has been said here and in other posts concerning the Renegades susceptibly to low voltage problems is spot on in my opinion. Like you, we have a 2015 with the 2.4 but no stop/start feature. Earlier, when my battery had low voltage, I had every possible warning light come on. The problem stemmed from being driven too short of a distance to charge the battery. Really, it was good for 7 to 10 days and then it would need a jump or a charge. I now have a "smart" low-amp charger and a battery jump pack on hand. If it was me I guess I would do the following...
1.) Fully charge battery(s)
2.) Break the ground/negative connection on the battery for 15 minutes then reconnect.
3.) Keep battery fully charged.
Assuming the rest of your Jeep is in serviceable (good) condition and acknowledging that you've had recent updates, I would suspect a electrical connection issue. Just my opinion. Good luck.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hi. I just posted on a similar thread - thought I would share my experience with you. See below.

Had a very similar experience. My service air bag alert was going on an off. Then my power steering also stopped working, and my check engine light came on. Then I had problems shutting off the engine. Same thing. This happened last fall, and was due to a low battery. The new battery fixed everything, but then the issue came back a month or so ago. I took it to an independent garage near me with an impeccable reputation. The manager did a lot of research, and determine it was likely the ignition switch. he sent me the following link:

[FIXED] 2015 Jeep Renegade 1.4T Engine Not Shutting Down with IGN Off - ScannerDanner Forum - SCANNERDANNER
Hi Guys, I had a cool one come in today. Took just over an hour to diagnose it and replicate the codes while bypassing the faulty component. I marked this as...
www.scannerdanner.com
www.scannerdanner.com

The shop replaced the ignition switch, and all of the issues went away, and my jeep has been problem free since.

·
Registered
2017 renegade trailhawk 9 spd auto glacier metallic, preferred package 27E
644 Posts
Hi everyone, I am owner of 2015 Jeep Renegade Limited. I have had some weird issues appear in my Jeep and it has become real frustrating. I have had some random warning lights turn on, it first starts from check airbag warning, then auto/start stop unavailable warning, those two warnings switch back and forth for a few minutes. After a while it continues with check engine warnings, then chwck parking brake warning, and then finally finishes with transmission blinking and finally car not being able to d3ive anymore. Sometimes it turns off everything by simply turning the car 8ff and on again, but sometimes it takes a whole day to "come to its senses". It happenes just randomly and I just cannot figure out what could be the problem that causes such behaviour. I have had it checked in dealership for a few times, that didn't do anythig, it just got worse and worse after each visit to the official Jeep dealership. I have had it checked by few other mechanics that had checked some wireing, that fixed the problem only temporarily. It keeps coming back at unpredicted times, and I just don't know what to do anymore. I hope that somebody would have any idea of what could be the problem.
P.s. I bought the bew battery, that fixes the problem for about 2-3 months, then it started happening again, and each time it happens it has worse sypmtoms.
like i always ask, how old is the battery. the renegade is good at scaring owners when the battery starts to go bad. all kinds of warning lights can go on and off . check battery under a load not just an on site reading can say 14.8 but that is not accurate

1 - 8 of 8 Posts