Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted more up-to-date car reliability information that made the differences between cars clearer. So a few years ago I started getting people together to make this possible. TrueDelta now updates actual repair frequencies, not just dots, four times a year, to track cars closely as they age.

We use a unique process to get more accurate results than the typical online survey. Participants report repairs following the end of each quarter. When there are no repairs, they simply report an approximate odometer reading.

To encourage participation, participants receive full access to all results, not just those for the Renegade, for free. I'll share results for the Renegade in this thread once we have them--possibly as early as November, but more likely in February.

To help make this happen:

http://www.truedelta.com/join

·
Registered
378 Posts
I wanted more up-to-date car reliability information that made the differences between cars clearer. So a few years ago I started getting people together to make this possible. TrueDelta now updates actual repair frequencies, not just dots, four times a year, to track cars closely as they age.

We use a unique process to get more accurate results than the typical online survey. Participants report repairs following the end of each quarter. When there are no repairs, they simply report an approximate odometer reading.

To encourage participation, participants receive full access to all results, not just those for the Renegade, for free. I'll share results for the Renegade in this thread once we have them--possibly as early as November, but more likely in February.

To help make this happen:

http://www.truedelta.com/join
I don't get it. You joined this forum just to encourage us to join True Delta ? I noticed you do the same thing for Infiniti, Lincoln, Honda, Mazda, Nissan, etc. Isn't that somewhat self serving ?

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I don't get it. You joined this forum just to encourage us to join True Delta ? I noticed you do the same thing for Infiniti, Lincoln, Honda, Mazda, Nissan, etc. Isn't that somewhat self serving ?
That's what i've noticed as well, these true delta guys make some posts and then swoop in with the link. Might be a matter of time till the mods nuke em'

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
YB
who gives a **** about reliability all cars got there issues the renegade is the best thing going in the sub compact suv segment its warranted if it blows up I get a new one lol love driving mine and speeding over speed bumps lol

I care very much. Why would you not care? If it blows up you will not get a new one any time soon.

·
Registered
196 Posts
g

I care very much. Why would you not care? If it blows up you will not get a new one any time soon.
Ill get a rental friend of mine same dealer as my renegade got a challenger last time lol anyway I mean in a literary way if your gonna obsess over reliability and make a big deal ride a bike or get a boring Asian car things happen but the numbers don't account for all the happy owners with no problems u only hear the bad news just like the media I had a caddy sts with the dreaded northstar anybody who knows that engine will tell u run for the hills as a HG issue is likely which means new engine or restudding the block many people had issues but in reality the design is on wards best list and was ahead of its time not many sedans at the stop light could compete 495hp supercharged 4 years no issues

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Ill get a rental friend of mine same dealer as my renegade got a challenger last time lol anyway I mean in a literary way if your gonna obsess over reliability and make a big deal ride a bike or get a boring Asian car things happen but the numbers don't account for all the happy owners with no problems u only hear the bad news just like the media I had a caddy sts with the dreaded northstar anybody who knows that engine will tell u run for the hills but in reality the design is on wards best list and was ahead of its time not many sedans at the stop light could compete 495hp supercharged 4 years no issues[/QUOTE

OK I have both cheese camps covered but am still unsure about the Gregorian calendar.

·
Registered
196 Posts
lol yeh what ever floats your boat by the way love UK well Savile row to be exact I'm a big bespoke suit person and a fan of the foggy rainy stuff makes me feel I'm in a movie though most wouldn't go there if u paid them I got issues lmao

·
Super Moderator
3,600 Posts
Look a few posts up.
It can still go away, I'm not the admin, and if they decide it should go away it will.

Also, I don't think my opinion should rule the roost without question, which is why I put in an effort to get more mods up and running. They can act unilaterally, or outvote me.

My take is that they aren't trying to run off with the forum population as they aren't a forum. They are offering a service which you can either pay for or participate in the crowd sourced data to get access to the service without paying money.

They have made a single post, so it's not spamming the place IMO. I've found their data useful and linked to them previously without having been solicited, so....

That's my opinion, like I said, it's not the only one that counts.

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
I didn't really see it as spam either. They aren't linking us to illegally download movies. It's something to do with our vehicles and how I figured it is that you can sign up for it if you like or just ignore the thread if you're not interested. Not sure what the admins will do. But doesn't seem much different from some other vendor type of accounts who post here.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I don't understand the hostility towards True Data. They are offering a resource to owners, no different from owners here sharing experiences. No different from this forum being searchable. The difference is instead of separate disorganized reporting of issues, TD is a platform meant to organize those reports.

TD, like any ethusiast/owner forum, require participation or crowd sourcing to work. TD can only be as good as its data and it can't have data if no one participates. It's not like they are here advertising their for-pay services here while without being a paying advertiser.

I have to laugh at the people acting all territorial, as if they own this forum. Final say is with the forum owners and operators. No one likes barking lap dogs.

Flame away. I've been on the internet since the early days of the internet. I have thick skin. ;)

·
Registered
196 Posts
Because in that mindset, money is already spent or committed. Feels better to stick head in sand.

kinda lol sorry to come off blunt but fmunk u nailed what I mean once you already bought something big like a auto or house its not like a small thing u can change your mind and return there's that saying "it is what it is" u deal with it and hope for the best though a warranty does make things better lol I just find its always going to the be the exciting unique cars that have issues its just the trade off want reliability get boring want unique get it but don't expect it to be perfect as I have never seen no first modal year auto perfect

·
Registered
610 Posts
kinda lol sorry to come off blunt but fmunk u nailed what I mean once you already bought something big like a auto or house its not like a small thing u can change your mind and return there's that saying "it is what it is" u deal with it and hope for the best though a warranty does make things better lol I just find its always going to the be the exciting unique cars that have issues its just the trade off want reliability get boring want unique get it but don't expect it to be perfect as I have never seen no first modal year auto perfect
Understandable. And the flip side (for others) is that they've spent a lot of money and they'd like to know what they've gotten themselves into with both eyes open.

I'm a realist. I belong in this camp. If I've bought a Renegade and I suspect something is off, I'd like to know as much as I can before heading into the dealer... who may not be interested in warranty work at all and is fully prepared to tell me "that's just the way they are" or "can not replicate".

Some people may think that is a pessimistic way to see dealers or car ownership in general. But, I've been alive long enough to know when it comes to businesses, profit often come before doing the right thing.

And that, folks, is just telling it like it is. Your pride in what you own isn't going to alter reality. The two are not the same, but often confused.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.