Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One thing many people do not know is that we have the ability to order OEM parts and accessories for customers.

A customer recently reached out to us looking for an OEM Jeep Renegade Trailer Hitch.

He was happy to know that we now Jeeps OEM hitch as a Retrofit Kit by Renegade Ready for him and placed his order.

We also have the ability to order OEM parts and accessories if you need!

We now have two shops open one here in Austin, Texas and one in Signal Hill, California.

Once the Retrofit Kit arrived he brought his Jeep into our local shop here in Austin and we got to work!

Shown below is his Renegade with his bumper removed with stock rear end and after we added the hitch. We will upate this thread with more photos as well!

If you are interested in this retrofit hitch kit please follow the link below for more information and pics:

http://madnessautoworks.com/2016-Jeep-Renegade/jeep-renegade-trailer-hitch-retrofit-kit-by-renegade-ready-pid6179

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
As we conitinued installing the trailer hitch the next thing we did was install the Renegade Ready Wiring Harness.

Please note if ordering the Renegade Ready Retrofit Hitch Kit you will need this harness in order for the brake lights to work on whatever you are towing.

We routed the harness to the lower bottom hole shown in the image below.

After doing so, we continued to the OEM rear bumper.

The retrofit Hitch kit includes a cutout sheet that has a sticky back to stick to the bumper to make it easy to cutout the proper area to fit the plastic trim piece shown below.

After sticking the cutout to the bumper we used a thin saw to cut out the area and test fitted the trim piece.

The trim piece has little clips that clip into the thin cut lines.

Third image before last shows how the bumper should be cut out completely before installing the trim piece.

Last photo shows The entire OEM rear bumper ready to be installed onto the rear end of the Renegade.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I installed the retrofit kit as directed and it was easy and looks terrific. The only problem I have noted is that when I leave my trailer connected to the car harness even with the power all turned off, the tailer lights blink. Any help out there would be appreciated.

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I installed the retrofit kit as directed and it was easy and looks terrific. The only problem I have noted is that when I leave my trailer connected to the car harness even with the power all turned off, the tailer lights blink. Any help out there would be appreciated.
dazrum,

Thanks for the feedback and for reaching out to us. Have you checked where you connected the fuses? I would reccomend starting there. Do you have any photos of how and where you connected the harness? I will send you a PM on this forum shortly to better assist you.

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Finally when we completed this install I had the opportunity to take some more pictures before the customer received his Renegade back so here is the last photos being completed:

As always if you have any questions about work you want done or if you want us to do a custom build or basic maintenance please feel free to reach out to us and we would gladly assist you!

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wanted to take a moment and share some information. We understand some of you may have questions about installing this. If you plan to install this yourself but are unsure how before purchasing this retrofit kit please feel free to reach out to us directly. We have shops in both our Texas and California locations and have installed this at both locations. We can answer any questions in regards to installing this or tools needed to do so. We can also install this of course here at either locations. Don't hesitate to call with any questions. Thank You.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I can't see the pics, my job's firewall may be blocking them....my question(s)...can the bumper cover be cut on the Jeep or does it need to be off ... and if it can be cut on, does the hitch fit behind it without the hole?

·
Registered
54 Posts
finally saw the pics home....looks like off the Jeep is the way to go.

Now if it would stop raining...I might be able to get this sucker installed. :nerd:

·
Registered
32 Posts
So once the wiring is brought through the hole in the vehicle, where does it go? There seems to be a stock harness already attached to the bumper and I see it on bumpers straight from the dealer also. There is also an empty plug waiting to be used, is that a plug already there for the trailer wiring? Not sure what else it would be used for.

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What about the stock harness that comes with the OEM hitch?
The Retrofit Harness Integrates with the stock harness to allow the cleanliness of the stock harness location and trimming while keeping the accessibility and ease of installation of the retrofit harness!

·
Registered
66 Posts
One thing many people do not know is that we have the ability to order OEM parts and accessories for customers.

A customer recently reached out to us looking for an OEM Jeep Renegade Trailer Hitch.

He was happy to know that we now Jeeps OEM hitch as a Retrofit Kit by Renegade Ready for him and placed his order.

We also have the ability to order OEM parts and accessories if you need!

We now have two shops open one here in Austin, Texas and one in Signal Hill, California.

Once the Retrofit Kit arrived he brought his Jeep into our local shop here in Austin and we got to work!

Shown below is his Renegade with his bumper removed with stock rear end and after we added the hitch. We will upate this thread with more photos as well!

If you are interested in this retrofit hitch kit please follow the link below for more information and pics:

http://madnessautoworks.com/2016-Jeep-Renegade/jeep-renegade-trailer-hitch-retrofit-kit-by-renegade-ready-pid6179
What is the price professionally installed, roughly? I live near signal hill

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I would also be interested in the answer to this....thanks!
Give us a call or email and we will be happy to go over that with you.

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thank you for the posts.

Is there any way to install a tow hook on the new hitch (to the left of the receiver)? In the photos, there is a rectangle opening in the new part. My wife's 75th anniversary edition does not have a tow hook now, but I just ordered the kit and I am hoping I can remove the small "vent" on the plastic bumper to the left of the hitch and bolt on a tow hook.

·
Registered
476 Posts
@dirtyMax16!
Yes, we did it on our 75th. We carefully cut the fake vent part out so we could put the tow hook on when we installed the hitch bumper.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts