Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One thing many people do not know is that we have the ability to order OEM parts and accessories for customers.

A customer recently reached out to us looking for an OEM Jeep Renegade Trailer Hitch.

He was happy to know that we now Jeeps OEM hitch as a Retrofit Kit by Renegade Ready for him and placed his order.

We also have the ability to order OEM parts and accessories if you need!

We now have two shops open one here in Austin, Texas and one in Signal Hill, California.

Once the Retrofit Kit arrived he brought his Jeep into our local shop here in Austin and we got to work!

Shown below is his Renegade with his bumper removed with stock rear end and after we added the hitch. We will upate this thread with more photos as well!

If you are interested in this retrofit hitch kit please follow the link below for more information and pics:

http://madnessautoworks.com/2016-Je...-hitch-retrofit-kit-by-renegade-ready-pid6179

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
As we conitinued installing the trailer hitch the next thing we did was install the Renegade Ready Wiring Harness.

Please note if ordering the Renegade Ready Retrofit Hitch Kit you will need this harness in order for the brake lights to work on whatever you are towing.

We routed the harness to the lower bottom hole shown in the image below.

After doing so, we continued to the OEM rear bumper.

The retrofit Hitch kit includes a cutout sheet that has a sticky back to stick to the bumper to make it easy to cutout the proper area to fit the plastic trim piece shown below.

After sticking the cutout to the bumper we used a thin saw to cut out the area and test fitted the trim piece.

The trim piece has little clips that clip into the thin cut lines.

Third image before last shows how the bumper should be cut out completely before installing the trim piece.

Last photo shows The entire OEM rear bumper ready to be installed onto the rear end of the Renegade.

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I installed the retrofit kit as directed and it was easy and looks terrific. The only problem I have noted is that when I leave my trailer connected to the car harness even with the power all turned off, the tailer lights blink. Any help out there would be appreciated.
dazrum,

Thanks for the feedback and for reaching out to us. Have you checked where you connected the fuses? I would reccomend starting there. Do you have any photos of how and where you connected the harness? I will send you a PM on this forum shortly to better assist you.

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Finally when we completed this install I had the opportunity to take some more pictures before the customer received his Renegade back so here is the last photos being completed:

As always if you have any questions about work you want done or if you want us to do a custom build or basic maintenance please feel free to reach out to us and we would gladly assist you!

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wanted to take a moment and share some information. We understand some of you may have questions about installing this. If you plan to install this yourself but are unsure how before purchasing this retrofit kit please feel free to reach out to us directly. We have shops in both our Texas and California locations and have installed this at both locations. We can answer any questions in regards to installing this or tools needed to do so. We can also install this of course here at either locations. Don't hesitate to call with any questions. Thank You.

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What about the stock harness that comes with the OEM hitch?
The Retrofit Harness Integrates with the stock harness to allow the cleanliness of the stock harness location and trimming while keeping the accessibility and ease of installation of the retrofit harness!

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I would also be interested in the answer to this....thanks!
Give us a call or email and we will be happy to go over that with you.

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Did your Jeep Renegade come with that factory hitch? MADNESS has an answer with the Retrofit Hitch Kit!

This kit will save you hundreds by not requiring a new and pre-cut bumper and comes with everything needed for installation!

Even Jeep Dealers buy our kit!

More information can be found on our website
https://madnessautoworks.com/2016-J...-hitch-retrofit-kit-by-renegade-ready-pid6179

Let us know if you have any questions

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
OEM does not allow for the full size spare. Do I have to lose that to install this?

djthumper,

Since this kit uses the OEM hitch and brackets, then the ability to carry the full size spare will be affected the same way as OEM.

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Add the factory in-bumper hitch to your Jeep Renegade.

Unlike some other kits offered elsewhere this is a complete kit that comes with everything you will need to a proper installation. Only the Renegade Ready Kit offers everything you need!

No other kit comes close to this kit. Detailed instructions, templates and other misc parts drastically simplify the installation process and virtually eliminate the chance of making a mistake. This is one of the many reasons on why this is now the #1 selling retrofit hitch on the market today.

To get this Trailer Hitch Retrofit Kit for your Jeep Renegade please visit the link below:
Jeep - Jeep Renegade Trailer Hitch - Retrofit Kit by Renegade Ready - MADNESS Autoworks - Auto Parts and Accessories

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Add the factory style in-bumper hitch to your Jeep Renegade.

Save $$ Hundreds! - our exclusive kit DOES NOT require purchase of an expensive and hard-to-get pre-cut bumper cover. It can be installed on any model Jeep Renegade with any size engine (read owners' manual towing guidelines if planning to tow). Even Jeep dealers buy our kit!

For more information on this Jeep Renegade Trailer Hitch Retrofit Kit for your Jeep Renegade please visit the link below:
Jeep Renegade Trailer Hitch - Retrofit Kit by Renegade Ready

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Is the an installation manual available to download so I can see what is involved to install it before I decide to purchase it?
Hello Spudster,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

The Retrofit Hitch Kit comes with the 2" Receiver Hitch, Tail Light Wiring Connector, The Bezel, Self Adhesive Cutting Template, Factory retainer clips, All necessary hardware and a Detailed 12-page instruction manual with photos.

The instruction manual and template are proprietary to the kit and are not available for download.

The installation is very straight forward, but should you get the kit and find something you need some assistance with the install you do have our Team Available who can help.

Thank you again.

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·

Our kit includes all the necessary Jeep factory parts, precise self adhesive templates and detailed instructions with photos guiding you step-by-step through the process of disassembling the bumper cover and bumper components, cutting the bezel-matching hole in your existing bumper cover, installing the factory hitch bumper and trim bezel, reassembly, and optionally wiring your Jeep Renegade for trailer lights.

If you would like the full details on this Trailer Hitch Retrofit Kit for your Jeep Renegade please visit the link below:

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I wonder how I could make this work with Euro style electric connector. Do you know of a solution?
Hello Bill Door,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

The hitch is manufactured with a place for the 4 way flat connector.

I would think the easiest solution would be a converter. Plugged in between your trailer and your Renegade.

We should have access to these from our vendor. If you would like please feel free to send me a PM and I can get you in touch with one of our Team Members who can help locate one and put together the order for you.

Thank you again.

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Hello esaresky,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I replied to your PM earlier.

I will need your order information so I can have one of our Team Members work with you directly.

If you can get that sent to me I will have one of our Team reach out to you.

Thanks again.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts