Jeep Renegade Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Very cool! Thank you for the info! Did you order the new hook online?
you can usually find it on Ebay or rock auto if you have the part number (Mopar part # 68255543AA) - rock auto also includes the bolts. To keep with the clean stock look, you can look into getting the dust cover thing that comes on the trailhawks (Mopar part # 6CS65LXHAA).

·
Registered
476 Posts
I bought the hook off some guy on eBay...it was cheaper than a new one, but still $70! I saved so much money on the hitch bumper (found one for $60) I figured it was worth it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Can you install the dust cover after you have reinstalled the bumper?
no, the dust cover is wider than the opening for the tow hook and uses double sided tape as mounting. On the TH bumper, it uses double sided tape and metal clips, but im guessing the non TH bumpers dont have the provisions for the clips.

here is a link from rockauto that shows a pic of the dust cover so you see what i am talking about:
https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=8038936&jsn=7

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

·
Registered
476 Posts
I would think you need to tape the dust cover on, but really it doesn't look bad without. I'll take a picture tomorrow. The back of the bumper cover is bumpy there on the non-trailhawk Renegades, when I saw it I just decided to leave the dust cover off. Seemed like you would have to modify it quite a bit if you really wanted one.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Our install wasn't perfect, but the Renegade Ready instructions are very good.

Attachments

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #31

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
OEM does not allow for the full size spare. Do I have to lose that to install this?

djthumper,

Since this kit uses the OEM hitch and brackets, then the ability to carry the full size spare will be affected the same way as OEM.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Wait...what? A vehicle with a factory hitch on the rear cannot have a full size spare?

From the pics I've seen, the hitch bolts on from the outside of the vehicle. How does this interfere with the spare tire well?

Or was the factory not allowing for that much weight in the rear of the vehicle; you can have the spare, the hitch, but not both?

:unsure:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Wait...what? A vehicle with a factory hitch on the rear cannot have a full size spare?

From the pics I've seen, the hitch bolts on from the outside of the vehicle. How does this interfere with the spare tire well?

Or was the factory not allowing for that much weight in the rear of the vehicle; you can have the spare, the hitch, but not both?

:unsure:
That is the part I do not understand. my TH came with a full size spare. It seems that when you try to build one online you cannot have a hitch and a full size spare due to the depth of the spare tire well. From what I have seen this mounts in the same manner as one without a full size spare.

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Add the factory in-bumper hitch to your Jeep Renegade.

Unlike some other kits offered elsewhere this is a complete kit that comes with everything you will need to a proper installation. Only the Renegade Ready Kit offers everything you need!

No other kit comes close to this kit. Detailed instructions, templates and other misc parts drastically simplify the installation process and virtually eliminate the chance of making a mistake. This is one of the many reasons on why this is now the #1 selling retrofit hitch on the market today.

To get this Trailer Hitch Retrofit Kit for your Jeep Renegade please visit the link below:
Jeep - Jeep Renegade Trailer Hitch - Retrofit Kit by Renegade Ready - MADNESS Autoworks - Auto Parts and Accessories

21 - 36 of 36 Posts