Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi . Can anyone help with this i have a knocking from the back of my 2015 renegade. i have had it checked out by garage but all seems ok but still knocking . could it be the rivets that have come lose on the back as i have seen in some forums. does anyone know where they are . thanks

·
Super Moderator
3,860 Posts
What rivets are you talking about on our little Jeep?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
from what i have seen on the internet the body on the back has some rivets . when you turn a corner the body flex and makes a knocking sound .has anyone had same problems and is it a big job to sort out. thanks

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Someone was chatting yesterday about a squeak in the front of their Jeep. Body flexing was mentioned but I am sure if the Jeep flexes that badly you would be off the road within weeks of using it.

Could this be an Urban Myth and an elaborate hoax to cause panic and fear. Also known as someone Trolling you? :unsure:

4 years I have had my Little Jeep and never heard any flexing from it (y):love:

ps I have just found the font increase size at last :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi , no its knocking from the back it has been back to dealer but can not find problem.

·
Super Moderator
1,579 Posts
I've got a clacking from the front.
Like someone is whacking the underside with a ski pole.
Totally random.

Main dealer and my trusted independent can't find what causes it.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Nev there was a post a few days ago about a plastic pipe that had a broken bracket that was causing a flapping noise when the Jeep was being driven. They even posted pictures of it.

Now I just need to find it. ;)

Flapping noise

·
Registered
276 Posts
I have knocking for the last year coming from the rear passenger side. All the boots and bushings look good on the sway bar and end links. I have no idea where it's coming from. The dealership took a look and said it was a heat shield rattling around, but I think that was total BS. They said they fixed it and it continues to this day. Not a single thing wrong with the heat shield, I've looked at it 3 times now. No idea what this body rivet issue is, but you've got my attention. lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the same clunk and or knock. Haven't been able to find but always on a turn to the right on not so level pavement. Hope you get an answer

·
Super Moderator
3,860 Posts
I have the same clunk and or knock. Haven't been able to find but always on a turn to the right on not so level pavement. Hope you get an answer
Bring it to the dealer and let them find the problem.

·
Registered
11 Posts
That will be the next step just wanted some more information before I handover the bank card. Thank you for your response. And what is the small plastic slide covered compartment for under the passenger mat? Had the jeep since 2015 and no one is able to tell me

·
Registered
11 Posts
Lol that's what's its for. Mine must be stolen or I missed that day at the factory. Lol. Nothing but frame. Thanks for your help

·
Super Moderator
1,579 Posts
Nev there was a post a few days ago about a plastic pipe that had a broken bracket that was causing a flapping noise when the Jeep was being driven. They even posted pictures of it.

Now I just need to find it. ;)

Flapping noise

Mine is more like the front LHS getting whacked with an aluminium tent pole.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
And what is the small plastic slide covered compartment for under the passenger mat? Had the jeep since 2015 and no one is able to tell me
Och! thats a doddle to answer that one. Slide the cover and peer inside it. There will be a string of letters and numbers known as your VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) This can also be found at the bottom of your windscreen on a small black, rectangular plate and is a unique number allocated only to that specific vehicle.

It can also be found on the front left door pillar known as a VIN plate and gives a variety of codes relating to the vehicle.

This allows the Police or any other Authorised Agency to quickly check the ownership details of that vehicle.

Many a burnt out car has been identified in this manner ;)(y)

Hope that helps you out and all info can be found on page 175 of your manual though I didn't use it :p:D:D

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
At last i have sorted knocking on back. it is rivets worked lose when body is flexing at low speed turning. in the back of the boot/trunk you have a pull away panel each side if you take it off you will see a suport brace fixed too the panel to stop body flex. bottom of the brace you have 2 bolts check to see if lose and at the top of the brace you will see rivets they work lose drill 2 hole's and put nut and bolt locking one's and that will fix problem. will add photos.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts