Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like the paint.

from the article:
The car itself has been customized by Mopar, but what really gets our attention is the matching trailer within which you'll find a large touch-screen display that interfaces with the new Connect Live system allowing access to Deezer, Internet Radio, Reuters, real time traffic and social network.

5 pictures and full article

·
Registered
602 Posts
I like the paint.

from the article:
The car itself has been customized by Mopar, but what really gets our attention is the matching trailer within which you'll find a large touch-screen display that interfaces with the new Connect Live system allowing access to Deezer, Internet Radio, Reuters, real time traffic and social network.

5 pictures and full article

Dang, beat me to it.... I like the hood vents!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Very cool, thanks. Notice how they used the Latitude 16" wheels, painted black, to mount the BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A tires.
I've been thinking of doing something like this... Getting a Latitude with the 6-speed & 1.4L turbo, and then putting some AT tires on it. Unlike the odd Trailhawk tire size, there are a few good AT tires that come in the 16" Lattitude's stock tire size.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Never mind the trailer or paint if the cost of a tow bar fitted here in the UK is any thing to go by you wont be able to afford anything to attach to it?

£1,205.00 what a joke 1% of the the total cost of an OE, Range Rover do an electrical deployable tow bar for £900 that goes on their top spec SUV which are £74k - £100k

·
Registered
953 Posts
That looks like a trailer they would give you on Pimp My Ride. It has a TV! I'm sure it could be fun in certain circumstances, but I don't see when I would use it. Only thing I can think of is camping, but who brings TV camping?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Never mind the trailer or paint if the cost of a tow bar fitted here in the UK is any thing to go by you wont be able to afford anything to attach to it?

£1,205.00 what a joke 1% of the the total cost of an OE, Range Rover do an electrical deployable tow bar for £900 that goes on their top spec SUV which are £74k - £100k
Oh man I'm sorry to hear that! According to the US configurator the "Trailer Tow Group" costs $495 (442 euros*) extra and requires the addition of the full size spare ($0 extra)(added to Latitude trim with smaller 1.4L turbo engine).

*According to google at around 10:00PM PT (GMT - 8:00) $495 converts to 442.10 euros.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I don't think it would be viable to make them on a mass production scale.

1. Weight is an issue. You only have a 200 Lbs tongue weight and 2000 Lbs towing capacity. So what you carry would be limited.

2. There are trailers out there that are lighter and cheaper than what this would cost.

3. How many actual people tow to cover the cost to justify the tooling, manufacturing costs and shipping to make it?

4. Only those with the 2.4 can tow. So that maybe knocks down maybe half our more of the Renegades?

It's cool and all but I don't see it happening. I'm getting the trailer package but not for towing but to make a spare tire holder like the Wrangler Jeeps

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
All I want to know is whether or not they had to modify the suspension and / or wheel wells to fit those rims / tires on there. I'm pretty sure everyone on this forum that wants a TH would love to pull those off.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.