Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· vBToucan.com Vendor
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone,

Many of you have been asking for pictures of the Running Boards by Misutonida installed on a Renegade.

Here are some images of some installed by one of our customers that we thought we'd share with you:

· Registered
261 Posts
Do you have any photos showing the whole Jeep?

· Registered
1,633 Posts
I'd like to see the attachment points. How robust is the attachment?

· vBToucan.com Vendor
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will it work like rock rails? Or it is just a step?
While they will certainly help protect the vehicle they are not true rock rails like those found on the Jeep Wrangler.

Do you have any photos showing the whole Jeep?
Here are a couple more a little further away:

I'd like to see the attachment points. How robust is the attachment?
Here is the hardware:

They are solid mounts that do not feel flimsy whatsoever.

· Super Moderator
4,910 Posts
While they will certainly help protect the vehicle they are not true rock rails like those found on the Jeep Wrangler.

Here are a couple more a little further away:

Here is the hardware:

They are solid mounts that do not feel flimsy whatsoever.
Thanks for letting us know.

· Registered
60 Posts
I def want a set of these - how do I get them? My kids have trouble getting in and out - this would be a great solution and look amazing. They always step on the "no step" lip LOL

I assume these will work with all models of Rene's?

Do these fit with the mudflaps you guys sell?

· Registered
247 Posts
I dont get it. How short are you people that you need a step to get into the Renegade? I am 5 feet 4 inches and I dont have any issue. Just saying.
Tazzel
A running board gives my Jeep protection from other car doors slamming into the side of mine. They protect the body from rocks and debris and from rust. I had running boards on the chevy truck that I drove for 390,000 with zero rust underneath the vehicle in those areas. Running boards give the vehicle a little "style". Finally, with a good quality running board I can use it as a step to help secure or remove a canoe, kayak, bicycle, skis, or luggage to or from the roof of my Trailhawk.
Jeff

· Premium Member
1,540 Posts
I dont get it. How short are you people that you need a step to get into the Renegade? I am 5 feet 4 inches and I dont have any issue. Just saying.
I'm 5'2 and have no problems either. However my mom does have a bit of trouble getting her leg up for that first bit to get into the vehicle. She'd love if my TH had a running board. For now I just keep a small folding step stool in the back for the times she rides with me.

· Registered
34 Posts
Does anyone know approx. what it costs for labor to install running boards? I bought a set for the Trailhawk recently. I'm in the LA area and one price quote I got sounds way too high at $250. Thx for your input...

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

· vBToucan.com Vendor
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi guys sorry for the late reply. For those of you asking if these would fit the Trailhawk, it has been confirmed that they do. Thank you for your time :)

Do these oval boards reduce ground clearance and if so by how much?
Yes they do decrease ground clearance but i'm not sure how much. I will let you know if I find the answer

I def want a set of these - how do I get them? My kids have trouble getting in and out - this would be a great solution and look amazing. They always step on the "no step" lip LOL

I assume these will work with all models of Rene's?

Do these fit with the mudflaps you guys sell?
Hi syzygy, yes these have been confirmed to work with all the models of the Renegades. In regards to the mudflaps, let me get back to you on that. You can buy them through this link. This will take you to the different versions they have of the side steps: http://madnessautoworks.com/index.p...yword=side steps misutonida&car=Jeep Renegade

Does anyone know approx what it costs for labor to install running boards? I bought a set for the Trailhawk recently. I'm in the LA area and one price quote I got sounds way too high at $250. Thx for your input...
Hi Renny, that sounds like a fair price. Each side of the side steps could take anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour depending on the skill of the installer. I'm sure you can get quotes cheaper than $250, but not by much. Thank you for your time

· vBToucan.com Vendor
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Please let us know if you have any more questions about these running boards. I would be happy to answer!

· vBToucan.com Vendor
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.