Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This should be a popular rivalry in much of Europe as well as South America, however in South America the Duster is sold under the Renault brand. In Europe the 4x4 Duster ROTR's for about €13,900, which translates to roughly $20K USD. The 2WD duster ROTR's for €11,900. So I do expect the Duster undercut the Renegade a bit on price, but if the Renegade offers promising standard kit it probably won't matter.

·
Registered
465 Posts
the duster is a much more basic machine. the renegade will be better featured, have a nicer interior, and have a better 4x4

i do like how the duster looks though. has some good inspiration from nissan

·
Registered
953 Posts
They are competing with each other but they are separated by enough of a price point that they are not direct competitors. People will probably have their minds set on one or the other. There may be a few who go with a Duster instead of a Renegade, but they probably weren't looking to spend a lot of money in the first place.

·
Registered
25 Posts
We were originally considering the Duster but will now be waiting to see the Renegade. Duster is a bargain for what you get, even if it is basic.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The pictures, my Renegade standing next to a Duster, the duster it's cheaper, but no real competition.
That’s not only for the looks, but also driving,…a 12 turbo versus the 14 turbo.
The interior, which is in a nicely done, but dull, but there is also a big difference in de price,..
In Holland (where the cars are extremely expensive due taxes) between the most expensive Duster an the Renegade Limited it’s over € 11.000 ( USD 13.000)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Thats an interesting picture from the rear of both cars. It makes the Renegade appear larger than the Duster. Is that the case? The Duster is quite a well proportioned car, wide track, purposefull stance and this picture makes them appear similar.

·
Registered
26 Posts
It's mostly optical, the Renegade is a little higher than the Duster, that and the Renegade box shape does the trick,....

It's funny, everyone thinks the Renegade is a lot bigger than it's actually is, it's just by the shape, you mind is confused,...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts