Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought it would be great to have one centralized place to feature winter driving reviews of our beloved Renegades, so post them here! These can be from your own personal experience being as short as a few sentences or even an extensive report (if you're up for that), and of course... reviews from automotive publications.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Sweet review! It really does look like the pricing scheme is quite close. Not sure if Jeep is using this as a way of selling either vehicle but in this case I would for sure go with the Cherokee.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
http://autoweek.com/article/car-reviews/2015-jeep-renegade-trailhawk-drive-review

Autoweek review of the test drive in Canada.....The final paragraph echos what I, and I think a lot of potential buyers will need to determine, at what price does the Cherokee becomes the better option.
Yes, that is something i'm glad they mentioned and even more so how they put it into words and numbers. For $2,500 more... when you're already shelling out $30k, going upsegment doesn't look so bad after all. Great if you need a better winter warrior.

At the top of the range there will be some overlap with the starting price of the Cherokee, which starts at $29,495 for the Trailhawk model, though if the extra room and plushness of the Cherokee is not a priority then the Renegade will do just as well. Though once you're approaching the low-$30,000 range, there will inevitably be some inclination to upgrade to the Cherokee as the two are only about $2,500 apart when it comes to the range-topping Trailhawk.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Their numbers are off, MSRP vs MSRP 34K for a fully optioned out Renegade Trailhawk vs 41K for a fully optioned out Cherokee Trailhawk. Yes, the Cherokee has special offers that lower the price but, we don't know what if any will be offered for the Renegade. The only way to do a fair comparison is MSRP vs MSRP.

Scott

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.