Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys
Tried to find a thread relating to this but i wasn't successful. I have a 2016 renegade limited 2l diesel and when accessing the uconnect live i can't find jeep skills. I can see the batery levels on my app on my phone but not on the jeep's screen. My car is still under warranty. Is this something fixable and that can be covered by warranty?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a 2018 Renegade which has the 5" uconnect and the 6.5" wasn't available until sometime after my model. Did you do an aftermarket 6.5" install of the uconnect (I'm pretty sure Jeep Skills is available from that model on).
Incidentally, did you manage to get some form of extended warranty? Again I think the 5 year warranty was introduced shortly after my year.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 2018 Renegade which has the 5" uconnect and the 6.5" wasn't available until sometime after my model. Did you do an aftermarket 6.5" install of the uconnect (I'm pretty sure Jeep Skills is available from that model on).
Incidentally, did you manage to get some form of extended warranty? Again I think the 5 year warranty was introduced shortly after my year.
I didn't get the car new. I got it last year and it was sold to me with 2y warranty. As far as the uconnect is concerned, i didn't change it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Actually, in doing some research it looks like the 6.5" uconnect may have been available before my model. Not sure what the crossover is and why my later model still has the 5". But the key is if you have a 5" or 6.5" version. If you do indeed have the 6.5 it may be you need a software update (which they should have been checking during servicing).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually, in doing some research it looks like the 6.5" uconnect may have been available before my model. Not sure what the crossover is and why my later model still has the 5". But the key is if you have a 5" or 6.5" version. If you do indeed have the 6.5 it may be you need a software update (which they should have been checking during servicing).
I've seen models with 5" and still had the jeep skills in. As far as software updates are concerned, this website cam tell you if you need one Software Update for Uconnect® - Check For Updates
I've found that you can use jeep skills on your mobile app and it works ok, showing battery levels and mileage and everything you need

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
My 2016 Renegade Trailhawk with 2.4L didn't have the skill pages...

If you had them/it before, it might require an update to get them back.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I can see the batery levels on my app on my phone but not on the jeep's screen.
Apologies if I have read this incorrectly. Use the up and down buttons on your steering wheel. This is located under Number 2 and then move left or right.

battery 1.JPG

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Hi Pat, that's a great link, thankyou :D:D:D

I know my Son has a similar feature in the BMW but to see it's available in the Jeep is a IMHO a great add-on. More so as you can connect to it and download the sats to see your Jeeps behavior on the road.

This forum has so much varied information and I am loving it. (y)(y)(y)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts