Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
This looks great inside and out, it's definitely something america will like. Do you have any information on it?

·
Administrator
385 Posts
Jeep Coppers Up Renegade Apollo Special Edition

While Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) nears a deal with Chinese officials that will allow the group to produce Jeep models in China, possibly starting with the new Cherokee and continuing with the Renegade that will soon begin rolling out of Fiat's factory in Melfi, Italy, the automaker will celebrate the local premiere of its new small SUV at the Beijing Auto Show with a special edition version.
It's named the Jeep Renegade Apollo and on the outside, it sports a bespoke brown finish with copper-colored trim accents, badges and wheels.

The same color theme is used in the individualized interior with copper accent finishes, brown leather and cloth seat upholsteries.

·
Administrator
385 Posts

Based on the 2015 Jeep Renegade, the Jeep Zi You Xia design study “highlights a more sophisticated aspect of the Renegade’s personality,” according to Jeep. Zi You Xia, which means “rebel”, is inspired by the colors of the National Center for the Performing Arts in Beijing. The concept is finished in a Warm Chocolate Gray with contrasting Dark Anodized Bronze accents, while the roof panel, grille surrounds and door mirror caps are painted Dark Charcoal. The study rides on unique 20-inch, Dark Anodized Bronze alloy wheels.

On the inside, the Zi You Xia features rich brown leather upholstery on the seats and door panels with ‘ombre’ grey/black plaid fabric inserts. The cabin combines Piano Black color with grey A-pillars and headliner. The air vents, speaker bezel, gear shifter, steering wheel bezels, cup holder and door release handles are finished in an Anodized Copper, reflecting the metallic color common in sports equipment.

·
Registered
465 Posts
im sure north america will have its own special editions

i do like the paint though

the paint is pretty awesome. if only they offered it as an option

sold right away!

i was gonna say.. the renegade looks good without all the chrome.

then i realized the renegade doesnt really have that much chrome to start with

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
i was gonna say.. the renegade looks good without all the chrome.

then i realized the renegade doesnt really have that much chrome to start with
I'm happy they went that route with the stock renegade, never liked having a lot of chrome, usually i end up blacking it out, as many people do.

the paint is pretty awesome. if only they offered it as an option

sold right away!
that would wicked but as we know thats not likely to happen, but who knows maybe they will do something we never expected them to

im sure north america will have its own special editions

i do like the paint though
We will, do you think we'll ever see anything like this or could what we get be totally different?

·
Registered
22 Posts
While I'll be looking for a JK next year at this time, I'd take one of these out for a spin just for sh'tz & giggles. I need a swamper for the Everglades as the wife's KL is a street rod, just sayin' I think it will be tough to put a snorkel on these.
Funny how the Renegade seems to be getting received nicely before it even hits the street, wasn't this way for the Cherokee KLs.

·
Registered
831 Posts
While I'll be looking for a JK next year at this time, I'd take one of these out for a spin just for sh'tz & giggles. I need a swamper for the Everglades as the wife's KL is a street rod, just sayin' I think it will be tough to put a snorkel on these.
Funny how the Renegade seems to be getting received nicely before it even hits the street, wasn't this way for the Cherokee KLs.

agreed, but straight up I don't think anyone legit shopping the BU is going to be expecting to. Sure there might be a few madmen, but on the whole I think its pretty accepted renegade will have a pavement addiction.

The thing about KL was the styling, plus not only were they bringing back the name they were replacing the Lib with an arguably worse vehicle (depending on who you are) Renegade is Renegade, if anything it looks appealing enough and replaces the Compass...

·
Registered
22 Posts
The next gen Compass is already styled after the KL.
I was not a fan of the German styling points starting with the Nitro/Liberty and Commander, too much box and cheap interiors! My '06 GC was a turd off-road with that 3.7 and 4000+ lb. weight.
BTW Wifey's KL with the 3.2 manages over 30 mpgs on a 65 mph ride, something Jeep had to achieve at some point or fade away, so they did it with styling as well.
Our '07 Patriot only averaged 20 mpg around town lifted and with 235s, and not much better on the highway, though far more off-road worthy.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Here are some more pictures of the Apollo edition.
I REALLY HOPE IT COMES HERE! I really love it!
Brown wouldn't be my first color scheme to choose but I think it's pulled off quite nicely.
The exterior paint is just exquisite!
Plus the name gets cooler.. Renegade Apollo >:D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts