Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Picked up my new 2016 Solar Yellow TH 2 days ago. Loving it so far.

Since the Jeep Wave should come with new Trailhawks, I thought this the appropriate place to post and ask if anyone had trouble signing up with the Jeep Wave program?

I had to set up a Mopar Owners Connect profile first, but when I went to register for the Jeep Wave, it wanted to charge me $150+$9tax. My vehicle showed up just find on the Mopar Owner site. I had to contact jeep and apparently my Renegade should have been "automatically" enrolled, but was not. I have a problem with things that should happen automatically, especially when, as I'm going through the Jeep Wave registering, I could have easily paid the $159 thinking that must be what it costs. This makes it look like Jeep just skips a few automatic enrollments and hope they can get a few bucks from people that just pay and not realize they don't need to.

·
Registered
36 Posts

Since the Jeep Wave should come with new Trailhawks, I thought this the appropriate place to post and ask if anyone had trouble signing up with the Jeep Wave program?

I had to set up a Mopar Owners Connect profile first, but when I went to register for the Jeep Wave, it wanted to charge me $150+$9tax. My vehicle showed up just find on the Mopar Owner site. I had to contact jeep and apparently my Renegade should have been "automatically" enrolled, but was not. I have a problem with things that should happen automatically, especially when, as I'm going through the Jeep Wave registering, I could have easily paid the $159 thinking that must be what it costs. This makes it look like Jeep just skips a few automatic enrollments and hope they can get a few bucks from people that just pay and not realize they don't need to.
I had trouble creating an account online and had to call just to get that setup. They told me I would be receiving a packet in the mail, but its been over a month now and no packet yet. I got the standard one from Jeep (with the key chain), but I thought there was going to be a specific WAVE one coming.

·
Registered
8 Posts

Thanks for the heads up on this.

I am having issues setting up my Wave account as well. Keeps giving me an "Unexpected error" when I agree to the terms of service.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Sorry for the frustration this may have caused. You do have to sign up for Mopar Owner Connect in order to officially enroll in the program, but there's no reason you should have potentially been charged with a Trailhawk. Working properly, all you would have needed to do is accept the terms of agreement and you would be enrolled. In case any further concerns arise or any of you have further questions, we do have a dedicated 24/7 line for the Jeep Wave program: 1-844-533-7928.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jack,

There doesn't ever seem to be a "normal" circumstance when it comes to Jeep. I love the vehicles, don't get me wrong, but I can't ever get anything right from jeep when I contact them.

I did create the mopar owner connect account. No problem. My Renegade TH showed up there without issue. But when I clicked on the Jeep Wave, like I said, to enroll in it, it wanted $150+$9tax to sign up. I knew better, so I contacted Jeep, they transferred me to Jeep Wave, and they claimed it was an issue that my TH wasn't "automatically" enrolled. How does a vehicle not get "automatically" enrolled? Sounds like a way to get some people to pay for something they should have gotten "automatcially." jeep said they would get back to me once they have it resolved... that was 2 days ago. I haven't heard anything yet. I did check and my car shows up on the jeep wave website now. Just would have been nice to have heard back from jeep that it was fixed.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I meant nothing at jeep is ever "working properly." tracking is way off, websites don't work as intended. Want to charge us for free services we should have gotten. Things aren't "auto" enrolled as they should be...Ah the prices we pay for what we want.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just bought a leftover '15 TH and am wondering if it's worth it to buy into the program. I owned small cars in the past and maintenance/oil changes didn't cost much until the 100,000 mile. No idea how much Jeep maintenance costs. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have a 16 TH. I also already have an account, but there is no mention of the Program on the site, nor have I received anything.

It tells me to logon on to learn more about the program, which I do but when I go to the website there is no mention of the Wave program anywhere, I cant see were to sign up. The dealer didn't even mention it. If it wasn't for this website, I would not have even known:(

Its not very well thought out.

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Jut spend about 30 min on line trying to find out about and possibly sign up for the Jeeps Wave program, and it is easier to get information from the CIA...
The CIA was in Cardiff and got renamed the Motorpoint Arena, as they sponsor it >:D

·
Registered
27 Posts
My dealership didn't tell me a thing about Jeep Wave. In fact they tried to sell me a a maintenance plan. Up until today I too would get an error when trying to accept the terms. Tried again about 30 minutes ago by way of the Jeep Owners site and it suddenly worked! My TH is registered and it reflects my 2yrs free membership. I normally do my own maintenance but Awesome!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Jeep Wave

I took delivery of my '16 Trailhawk on Xmas eve, 2015. Today, almost 5 months later, I received my Jeep Wave membership card in the mail. Funny, huh? I used one of the free oil changes that comes with the program back in March so that hasn't been a problem..... Other than that, no complaints :)

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
2.5 months out, and haven't heard a word yet...
You may have to register it yourself. I don't recall my dealership telling me anything about the Jeep Wave either, but I knew about it going in and asked. But I think we are required to then create the mopar account and register our jeeps.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I received five free oil changes when I brought my 2016 Trail hawk. I have 15,000 plus miles since Dec and have used three of the oil changes and two free tire rotations, so far. I am not sure how many of the oil changes were through the Jeep Wave program, I'm thinking four, but could be wrong.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Somehow I got the Jeep Wave program welcome packet in the mail but when I tried to actually setup my Mopar Connect account it can't find me in the owner's database. The front end for Mopar connect needs work too. It had trouble storing updates to my profile. *Sigh... Computers...* ;-)

·
Registered
127 Posts
I checked my molar connect to update my first oil change record and the offer for my 2015 TH Renegade was $150 for only two oil changes and rotations and the other stuff like trip interruption and car rental. Had I checked for coupons a local dealer had two oil changes for $80 a better deal. I didnt buy either.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.