Jeep Renegade Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Has anyone gotten a resolution? I just paid 238 for diagnostic and rental and they could not figure out why the car wouldn’t start. Why do I have to pay them when they can’t figure out how to fix a car that they built?
I just had this happen this morning. Perfectly fine last night when I parked it. Go out this morning and at first nothing. Power came on and tried to start It - clicked and lost ALL power and was totally dead. Battery registered at 12 Volts and tried both key fobs to make sure it wasn’t the usual one I use. Husband checked battery connections and all good. Moves something and it came on shortly again but no luck. I have less than 40000 miles on this as only had it a short time :( can’t even move it at this time. Any ideas would be helpful.
I got rear ended and it ran for quite some time; then all @!&% broke loose. BENDIX on starter went out, dealership said at least 6wks to even diagnose it (no help due to COVID they said). Finally go the starter changed out, NOW Alarm is locked up, and won't let vehicle even try to start. Ignition comes 'on' but I get all kinds of error 'idiot lights', mainly Fuel Shutoff and Alarm triggered along wth ABS, Hill Start, NO 4X4, Traction Control, etc, etc.
Hello everyone, we are sincerely sorry to hear that you are facing this concern with your Jeep. Please allow our team the opportunity to assist by sending us a private message before or after your dealer appointment. We would be happy to offer our additional support during your servicing visit.

Kathryn
JeepCares

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello everyone, we are sincerely sorry to hear that you are facing this concern with your Jeep. Please allow our team the opportunity to assist by sending us a private message before or after your dealer appointment. We would be happy to offer our additional support during your servicing visit.

Kathryn
JeepCares
I had called your office on 7/29 and I have a case #. Your office told me that there is nothing you can do to help me. I am interested in the forum to find out if anyone has gotten this situation resolved that seems to be a known problem... you can access my email in the forum and contact me.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I had called your office on 7/29 and I have a case #. Your office told me that there is nothing you can do to help me. I am interested in the forum to find out if anyone has gotten this situation resolved that seems to be a known problem... you can access my email in the forum and contact me.
Please send our team a private message here with your case number, as we would be happy to look into this further for you.

Kathryn
JeepCares

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2016 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk. I've been having issues on and off with the Jeep not turning on. It gets power everything turns on but it won't turn over. Today I thought it was the key fob and battery so I replaced it with no luck. I press the brake hit the start button and everything turns on except the motor. All the error likes you could imagine pop-up example my parking brake assist Hilltop assist service engine service transmission all of it lit up all at once. Has anyone experienced anything like this? Right now I am stuck at work trying to figure how to get it to the dealership from here!
Hey I’m having this issue now we’re you able to find a resolution??

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2016 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk. I've been having issues on and off with the Jeep not turning on. It gets power everything turns on but it won't turn over. Today I thought it was the key fob and battery so I replaced it with no luck. I press the brake hit the start button and everything turns on except the motor. All the error likes you could imagine pop-up example my parking brake assist Hilltop assist service engine service transmission all of it lit up all at once. Has anyone experienced anything like this? Right now I am stuck at work trying to figure how to get it to the dealership from here!
Having the same problem, was a resolution ever found? Dealership couldn't find anything wrong after charging me $170 for a diagnostic.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Having the same problem, was a resolution ever found? Dealership couldn't find anything wrong after charging me $170 for a diagnostic.
Nothing for me. Make sure you call Chrysler and report it/complain about it...they will start a case. This is how recalls are initiated as long as they can figure it out. If enough of us report the issue. It’s very frustrating. My dealership thinks its RF and I’m parking away from my building to test that theory. However they have not advised what the fix is, if that is the case.

·
Registered
556 Posts
This may seem extremely elementary, but have you tried the Universal Renegade Repair Procedure ? (I should patent that phrase...) Quite a lot, and I mean quite a lot, of Renegade issues are solved by pulling the negative cable off your battery, let it sit for about 30 minutes or more, reconnect and try to start. This allows the onboard computers capacitors to full drain down all stored voltage, as it seems these computers are flaky at best. It seems that any variance in voltage makes these computers crap themselves and turn in tiny circles. You'll notice the negative battery clamp is a "quick disconnect" type; throw a lever, remove the clamp, no tools needed. That alone, to me, is very telling. I've never had a factory battery clamp with that, um, "ability". Jeep/Fiat may know this; hence the quick disconnect, but they won't give that kind of info out as it admits a fault. When we, the owners, find it, it's an "undocumented feature".

It's free to try, and if it doesn't work, no harm no foul.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This may seem extremely elementary, but have you tried the Universal Renegade Repair Procedure ? (I should patent that phrase...) Quite a lot, and I mean quite a lot, of Renegade issues are solved by pulling the negative cable off your battery, let it sit for about 30 minutes or more, reconnect and try to start. This allows the onboard computers capacitors to full drain down all stored voltage, as it seems these computers are flaky at best. It seems that any variance in voltage makes these computers crap themselves and turn in tiny circles. You'll notice the negative battery clamp is a "quick disconnect" type; throw a lever, remove the clamp, no tools needed. That alone, to me, is very telling. I've never had a factory battery clamp with that, um, "ability". Jeep/Fiat may know this; hence the quick disconnect, but they won't give that kind of info out as it admits a fault. When we, the owners, find it, it's an "undocumented feature".

It's free to try, and if it doesn't work, no harm no foul.
Have tried that with no change. I have replaced the battery and the negative battery terminal since it kept coming loose. Starting to think this may be a heat issue possibly on the starter solenoid. It tends to happen after a short drive (30 minutes or less) and short stop (10-20 minutes). The vehicle will register like it started with everything on except the engine. No codes, no idiot lights, and no issues registered. Thought it may be a battery issue but wouldn't jump start and new battery didn't fix it. When it happens I just have to wait 10-15 minutes and it will start normally.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Gabriel-
I think you're on the right track about it being heat related based on your issues.

If you have the infamous 2.4 Tigershark engine, as do I, are you aware of the oil consumption situation ? Can't call it an "issue" because Jeep says it ain't. After a short run, when you shut it down, wait 5 minutes and check your oil. Yep, don't check it on a cold engine like people have been doing since the 1930's, Jeep says that's verboten for this engine.

It's been reported that when the oil level is out of spec, the engine won't run to save itself. Maybe your oil level is right at the "break over point" for lack of a better word. More than likely not your issue, but another free check that takes minimal effort.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts