Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2015 Jeep Renegade, 83,000 miles.

Last Monday morning I noticed my power locks were not working. I had a super busy week and was planning on getting my car into the shop today actually after I left work to be looked at, I figured it was a fuse or something and just used the key on my fob to get in my car. Worked fine otherwise all week! This may have nothing to do with my problem this morning, but thought it was worth mentioning!!

Today I went to leave for the gym at 5am and my Renegade wouldn’t start at all. It will go into run mode, but the break freezes up and then several service messages pop up (headlights, airbags, etc). I have no idea what’s going on. I can’t get the engine to turn over. I am reading to disconect the battery but wanted to see if anyone else has had a similar issue that can give me peace of mind.

I am going to call AAA today to see if they can get me to my dealer at least. Crossing my fingers it isn’t anything too crazy! Thanks for any help in advance!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pretty standard Renegade response for a battery replacement. Go get yourself a new one asap or you're going to continue to have the same issues.
That is kind of what I am thinking. Crossing my fingers anyway!!! That’s a pretty easy fix. Will still take it in to the dealer to be safe if all goes to plan.

·
Super Moderator
1,908 Posts
Girlfriend's Kuga/Escape has been in for repairs the last month after being smashed when parked up.

On collecting the car it had a flat battery. So I immediately ordered her a Li-Ion jumper pack off Amazon which arrived the next day.

Good thing, as although the garage jumpstarted the car and it started ok throughout the day, the battery died over night.

Drove over, gave her the pack and showed her how to use it.

She used it multiple times that day and then found a place with a battery in stock.

"Why doesn't everyone have one of these for peace of mind?"

;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JustinC1431 is 100% on point! Get the new battery now.
I did end up getting a new battery! My service engine light is still on when I start the car, but I think my codes just need to be reset. I am swinging in to the dealer on my way home work to check everything out!

Thank you for your help guys!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts