Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My turn, my turn. Been slacking. :crying:

But anyhow onto my build thread. Plan on updating with pics when available.

So first off This is Jeepetto in stock form right after I picked him up from the dealership.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So the first mod I upgraded was the front dash speakers. I went with these Polk Audio DB351s

From Crutchfield, and they came with appropriate metra speaker connectors free.

Love these speakers and install was so easy a chimp could have done it.

Now for the Overall Review. Single handly w/ no bass blockers these 351s have transformed the sound of my Uconnect5.0 6 speaker system. All that is needed is some low bass from a discreet subwoofer setup and it is done. The Doors both front and back provide adequate mid-range, so they will be left as is.

Verdict:

Should be the first upgrade you do to your stereo as long as you didn't get the crap Beats system. If you did that, well your hosed. :)

Reactions: martin luck

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ebay roof rack, Thule Ascent Box, and Windows tinted all around

Well now that I have had the truck for a few weeks, I had to handle the standard Jeep stuff.

So first up was needing the Roof Bars, to attach to my Lati's rails.

Went with the Ebay special $55 Shipped to the house. This actual link and yes the seller was accepting offers of $55.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171947405820?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Review: This roof rack is Sweet stuff, especially for the price. Now that I have these I find it laughable that Jeep is getting $300 for the Thule bars. Name brand or not. If you don't have a rack.... BUY THESE NOW!!!!!!

So after easy setup I slapped My Thule Ascent 1700 box ontop of the bars, and the campers special is ready to rock.

http://www.amazon.com/Thule-605-Ascent-Rooftop-Cargo/dp/B000UY0JGQ

Here is the pic of the rig with Front Windows tinted to match rest of the truck and the box ontop

Next up I am halfway done w/ plasti dipping badges and grille. Pics to follow.

Reactions: martin luck

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Which of the multiple sizes is that box?
That would be the Ascent 1700. It was their biggest box on the market. They recently updated that model to I believe what is called the 605.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Plasti Dip is done

So I grabbed a couple cans of the Smoke Colored Plasti Dip, to darken the chrome on the grille and all the emblems. 3 heavy coats and they turned out swanky.:eek:

Tips, Mask everything, or have a can of goof-off handy. Even in my garage closed, still had some blow back that ended up on the cars paint. Easily resolved but a preventable pain. Also if you don't have small hands, find someone who can help, getting the grilles off with out damaging the clips is a chore.

Also go even a bit heavy on the grilles, I did four coats, b/c they are the most susceptible to rock chips.

Finally Make sure to use a fine tip exacto when removing the masking tape. This ensures you don't mess up any of your hard work. If you notice when removing the tape that spots of the Plasti dipp want to go with it. Just trace the area carefully and the dip will not tear.

End results: No more chrome Bishes. The smoke color matches the lower fog light grille surrounds that came stock on the Latitude.

As you can see in 3rd pick the grille now matches the lower fog light surrounds. :cool: and the truck continues to get even cooler. Also I did the side Renes as well. Pick did not work, shrug.

Next week I get some warranty items looked into. Creaky control arm, and Antenna base issues aka Sirius/XM is intermittent. Also what ever available updates.

Then comes tires. Whoot

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Whoot Added Sunglasses holder

See write up in interior section. Viola Sunglasses holder bishes

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Made a DIY in the interior section. Have any other questions post up therd.

Cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.