Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, once upon a time I had a 1998 XJ, and one of the easiest upgrades I made to it was a Jet Stage I PCM for the I6 I had in my XJ. It made noticeable difference in power and mileage - especially in low-RPM range and throttle-response.

I visited Jet's page today and they don't yet have the Renegade in their drop-down, but was able to find a unit compatible with the 2.4L that's an option with the 2015 Jeep Cherokee.

From their home page I did a search for; 2015/Jeep/Cherokee/L4-2.4L - and came up with:

91207 Dodge/Jeep Module | Stage 1

On Jeep's webpage the 2.4L listed for the 2015 Cherokee and the 2.4L listed for the 2015 Renegade have the same description, just with slight differences in numbers;

2015 Cherokee;
2.4L Tigershark®
I4 engine
184 hp
171 lb-ft of torque
Nine-speed automatic transmission

2015 Renegade;
2.4-Liter Tigershark® I4
180 hp
175 lb-ft of torque
9-Speed 948TE Automatic Transmission​

So I contacted them for more information, hoping to get good news back from them, :D

·
Super Moderator
3,617 Posts
Dunno. I wouldn't give JET money if it was someone elses. Back in my talon eclipse days they sold ECU mods that did absolutely nothing. Like literally nothing. They were essentially reselling stock ECUs.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Dunno. I wouldn't give JET money if it was someone elses. Back in my talon eclipse days they sold ECU mods that did absolutely nothing. Like literally nothing. They were essentially reselling stock ECUs.
Ouch, that's not cool at all. I've only ever had experience with the module I purchased for my '98 XJ, so that's all I've got to base things on. I've been doing my share of Googling about things this time around - slightly more information available online than there was 16+ years ago, :)

Something else that looks promising is the possibility that a lot of the upgrades folks are doing on their 2.4L Darts may be things we can do to our 2.4L Ren's :)

Just like with my XJ, I'm interested in power-gains more at the lower-end of things, as well as better throttle response. More power for getting up the hill, through the mud, and over those rocks - as opposed to better top-end speed, :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.