Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My local Carmax sells new Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep vehicles and they explained to me that they never sell at Jeep's MSRP. I liked the Latitude and the options they were offering but really didn't want to buy from Carmax again. Luckily, the Latitude and options were being sold @ other dealers & i emailed the window sticker & online sales price to the dealer I wanted to buy from. They said they'd beat Carmax by $100 which made the initial discount $900.

Then, I received a mailer from Jeep about getting $500 off for financing through Chrysler Financial. I received better terms from Ally but the salesman said they'd honor the promotion anyway. Don't believe your dealer when they say there are no incentives. If I can find the flyer I'll post but the dealer seemed to take my word for it so it's obvious they know something is out there.

If it helps, the Carmax location with discounted Jeeps is Carmax Norcross. If you search their site you can view Window Stickers with their internet price. It may help in any negotiating you can do in your home state.

Good luck!

· Registered
36 Posts
So how'd you do? It will be my first time buying a brand new vehicle.
One suggestion I have about trying to negotiate a price is to get them to discount off of the MSRP before you listen to any incentives or trade-in values. Dealers will usually discount the MSRP of these vehicles to somewhere around the invoice price, which for most of the Renegades is somewhere around $1000, there is another thread on this site listing the invoice prices, if you haven't seen it yet, take a look there.The incentives you receive should have nothing to due with this initial discount off of the MSRP. The incentives come directly from Jeep and do not affect the dealer profits at all.

So to let you know, I purchased a Renegade Trailhawk today in which the MSRP was at $28,975. I first negotiated the price down to $27870, this took some haggling and at one point I actually put my jacket on to leave, when he stopped me and finally agreed to this price. I also qualified for the Lease Conquest incentive which was an additional $1000 off because I have a family member that has a GM lease in my household.

One thing that you need to know (you can also tell the dealer that you know this) is that they still make a profit even when they sell at the invoice price. Stating that you know this fact at the dealership will often get them to at least give you the invoice price in my experience. Also, don't be afraid to walk away, there are plenty of other dealerships that will be more than happy to take your money. =)

· Registered
69 Posts
One suggestion I have about trying to negotiate a price is to get them to discount off of the MSRP before you listen to any incentives or trade-in values. Dealers will usually discount the MSRP of these vehicles to somewhere around the invoice price, which for most of the Renegades is somewhere around $1000, there is another thread on this site listing the invoice prices, if you haven't seen it yet, take a look there.The incentives you receive should have nothing to due with this initial discount off of the MSRP. The incentives come directly from Jeep and do not affect the dealer profits at all.

So to let you know, I purchased a Renegade Trailhawk today in which the MSRP was at $28,975. I first negotiated the price down to $27870, this took some haggling and at one point I actually put my jacket on to leave, when he stopped me and finally agreed to this price. I also qualified for the Lease Conquest incentive which was an additional $1000 off because I have a family member that has a GM lease in my household.

One thing that you need to know (you can also tell the dealer that you know this) is that they still make a profit even when they sell at the invoice price. Stating that you know this fact at the dealership will often get them to at least give you the invoice price in my experience. Also, don't be afraid to walk away, there are plenty of other dealerships that will be more than happy to take your money. =)
No doubt that walking away is your most powerful negotiating tool! If you make a fair offer (example offer $25995 on base TH) and the dealer scoffs at you, walk out. Another dealer will accept your offer. If they chase after you walking out the door inform them they have to go lower than your original offer if they want your business. Don't be a jerk, just tell them I'm headed to the next Jeep dealer with my offer. Knowing that my offer was not good here (current dealer). Make them show you that they want your business again.

· Registered
100 Posts
Got my TH on Saturday. MSRP was 28,985. Got the car for 26,200. I was able to use the friends and family discount, through work. They then took off some more money because i told them i want to pay a certain amount per month. If they could not do it, i will walk. They also wanted to sell a certain amount of cars by the end of the day.

· Registered
953 Posts
So Jeep sells all their vehicles below MSRP? Do you think that they purposefully price the vehicles a bit higher than they actually want for them so that after dealers give discounts they end up settling at a price that Jeep is happy with selling the vehicle at?

· Registered
499 Posts
So Jeep sells all their vehicles below MSRP? Do you think that they purposefully price the vehicles a bit higher than they actually want for them so that after dealers give discounts they end up settling at a price that Jeep is happy with selling the vehicle at?
Most cars sell under MSRP unless they're limited in availability.

A profit is built in even at invoice.

· Registered
57 Posts
Then, I received a mailer from Jeep about getting $500 off for financing through Chrysler Financial. I received better terms from Ally but the salesman said they'd honor the promotion anyway. Don't believe your dealer when they say there are no incentives. If I can find the flyer I'll post but the dealer seemed to take my word for it so it's obvious they know something is out there.
Can you post the flyer?

· Registered
57 Posts
Got my TH on Saturday. MSRP was 28,985. Got the car for 26,200. I was able to use the friends and family discount, through work. They then took off some more money because i told them i want to pay a certain amount per month. If they could not do it, i will walk. They also wanted to sell a certain amount of cars by the end of the day.
Hey I saw you live near NYC, where'd you get your Renegade?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.