Jeep Renegade Forum banner

Just discovered the "auto up" window feature

12K views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  Sleepy 
#1 ·
While searching the owner's manual for info on the driver display, I discovered that (some?) Renegades have an "auto up" feature for the window. I've had multiple vehicles with the one-touch down feature but have never seen the "up" feature.

When raising the window, you lift and hold the window "up" button for a moment and the window rolls all the way back up on it's own. I tried it and it works! It's also supposed to have an "anti finger pinch" feature where the window will go back down if it hits an obstacle but I didn't try that yet.

Cool
:cool:

Reactions: twospirits
#9 ·
Yeah, our Explorer and Range Rover have a second detent in the switch. Halfway just goes up or down until you let go, and all the way goes until it's fully open or closed. The way the Renegade is was probably for cost cutting, but it makes sense the way that it works, imo.

#7 ·
Try a window reset.
Normally it's for frameless door windows
but could work for this.

Normally something like:

Ignition in MAR.
Hold window switch down. Continue holding switch down for 10(?) seconds after window is fully open.
Pull window switch up and continue holding 10 seconds after window fully closed.

Could also be vice-versa .
Check out google for Fiat/Alfa reset proceedures.

;-)

#8 ·
Try a window reset.

Normally something like:

Ignition in MAR.
Hold window switch down. Continue holding switch down for 10(?) seconds after window is fully open.
Pull window switch up and continue holding 10 seconds after window fully closed.

;-)

That is correct, except you only have to hold the switch in the down position for 3-4 seconds once the window is all the way down and then hold in the up position for 3-4 seconds once the widow is completely up.

I never had a problem with my 2018 Renegade, but had to do a reset several times on my 2009 Dodge Durango.

#11 ·
My rear windows have auto down, and fronts have auto down and up. 2018 Sport. The rear window auto down is not listed as feature any where to my knowledge. The trigger sensitivity takes a bit of time to get used to, but not as bad as the turn signal for lane changing, I often couldn't get it to do the 4 flash auto off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.