Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone

Just joined the forum, first thread. I recently rolled 100,000 in my 2016 Limited. Being a teacher and having summers off, I've done some traveling in it. 10,000 trip to the West Coast and back to Detroit. Montana twice. Maine. Phish tour. I change the oil RELIGIOUSLY every 5000 with Mobil 1 synthetic. What are the MUST do mechanical maintenance issues I should be looking at? I haven't had any mechanical problems (small electrical gremlins yes, but nothing mechanical). I took it in for the FAN RECALL already. It has a lot of miles on the odometer, but I think it would be comparable to 50,000 "regular" miles. Just want to budget for the must do fixes to keep the Silver Bullet Box on the road.

Thanks in advance for any knowledge or info,

Hully

·
Registered
412 Posts
Welcome aboard hullyscott! ?‍♀

Congrats on conquering that first 100k miles. I love a good high mileage story.

I'll let other suggest things to look at. I'm assuming that normal consumables like brake pads, rotors, struts, etc. have been done at least once already? And that other fluids have been serviced, like coolant flush, and brake fluid flush? Trans isn't easily serviceable, but I might consider having the fluid cnahged out at that mileage. No P/S fluid, so you can skip that one. :)

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
W E L C O M E ! ! ! to the forum.

Good job, 100k. In my minds eye, vehicles were made to be driven. You definitely checked that block.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Big trips sure put on the miles. Two trips to Florida account for almost 9000 miles for my Renegade. We are just short of 85,000. What is amazing to me is the fact we are still on our original brakes and the pads and rotors are still in good shape. I plan on having them changed out in the spring. I have had the brake fluid flushed and replaced a couple of times though. The radiator flush is 150k miles or ten years, my dealer would have me do it every month :mad:. I plan on replacing the cabin filter again in the spring as well as new spark plugs and air filter, when it warms up.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just rolled over 275,000 miles on my 2015 TH. The oem brakes and rotors were changed at 260,000 miles. Front pads were worn down on inside pad, rears were still 3/4 left. I have had dealer oil changes when the change oil light goes off. Changed sparkplugs at 100,000 interval. Struts, balljoints and tie rods still oem. Antifreeze still oem, it gets tested by dealer at every oil change. Comes back good. Serpentine belt was changed at 240,000 miles was still in good shape. I got 150,000 miles out of the last set of BF Goodrich KO2 tires.
Overall very pleased with my Jeep. Still a pleasure to drive.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
N
Just rolled over 275,000 miles on my 2015 TH. The oem brakes and rotors were changed at 260,000 miles. Front pads were worn down on inside pad, rears were still 3/4 left. I have had dealer oil changes when the change oil light goes off. Changed sparkplugs at 100,000 interval. Struts, balljoints and tie rods still oem. Antifreeze still oem, it gets tested by dealer at every oil change. Comes back good. Serpentine belt was changed at 240,000 miles was still in good shape. I got 150,000 miles out of the last set of BF Goodrich KO2 tires.
Nice!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you all for the feedback that you have so many miles out of your Renegades. I am very much impressed since I have a 2018 Sport 4X4 with only 13000 miles on so I anticipate a long life with it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Nice!!!! Did you change the transmission and diff fluids?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts