Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Plan on upgrading my head unit and either adding some Led lights and a K&N air filter or getting a K&N cold air intake for my 2015 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk with the 2.4L. The new head unit is pricey so I can only do one other upgrade after. I have heard cold air intakes are great, but it can all depend. So I am wondering if getting one would really be worth it right now. I plan on upgrading the exhaust later, but that will be a bit down the road do to the cost. Should I just wait to get the intake then? Will just getting the K&N air filter be fine for now? would it even be worth it? Should i get a performance chip? Any advice or info would be appreciated

My goal is to get my Hp over the 200 mark on that engine

·
Registered
2015 Jeep Renegade Latitude 4wd
14 Posts
The “cold” air intake would be more of a warm air intake since it would have the filter in the same spot as the stock intake box. You would see a hp gain but with how much the Renegade weighs you’re not really gonna see a performance change in your daily driving. You should get that intake noise under acceleration though if thats something you’re looking for. If you did want to go more all out on performance you could get a bored throttle body, exhaust headers and a cat back to go with the intake and you could hit 200hp at the crank.

·
Registered
2015 Jeep Renegade, Latitude, 2.4L 4x4, black, 9 speed automatic, MySky
245 Posts
The “cold” air intake would be more of a warm air intake since it would have the filter in the same spot as the stock intake box. You would see a hp gain but with how much the Renegade weighs you’re not really gonna see a performance change in your daily driving. You should get that intake noise under acceleration though if thats something you’re looking for. If you did want to go more all out on performance you could get a bored throttle body, exhaust headers and a cat back to go with the intake and you could hit 200hp at the crank.
Great write up, I can tell you’re experienced in this performance field. Just a little note, the cold air intake from K&N does come with a rather large isolating heat shield, but I’m not sure of it’s effectiveness.

·
Super Moderator
1,514 Posts
Agree with Slyfox. Power gain would not be noticeable. Especially without a remap.

I'd be more interested in moving ludicrous low (for a Jeep) air intake higher.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts