Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone on here carried a kayak with their renegade yet? I have two kayaks that need carrying and I used to do the pool noodle cross bars on my Saab 9-7x but I wasn't concerned about scratching the roof of that beast. My new trailhawk however I want to keep clean on the roof.

So has anyone tried installing j hooks on the top yet with crossbars? This seems to be the best solution I can find but I am afraid that 2 kayaks may be too wide for my renegade. Any knowledge of attempts is appreciated

·
Registered
370 Posts
I have not yet gotten a Renegade. Am waiting to give Jeep some time to get the bugs worked out and to come out with incentives. See the thread how to tie down a canoe. I have a Fiat 500L, same platform that the Renegade is based off of. I have Thule Aerobars and I attach Yakima kayak racks to that. It will easily go across the roof rails. I have measured. And I can carry up to 4 kayaks on my roof rack set up. So far I have hauled 3 many times, no problem. Trust me, you could do the same with a Renegade. Check out the pictures on that thread.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just took my kayaks out to they lake this past weekend. I already had the Yakima bars from my previous ride so I just got the new anchors to fit the rails. Worked great!

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Finally finished getting the parts and installing them. Here is the final product worked beautifully and the J craddles look good even without kayaks in them

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.