Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought and mounted these Kendas yesterday, .85" taller than the stock 215/65-16 Continentals.

Tread depth is much deeper and more aggressive, sidewalls are much stiffer, but since the sidewalls are a little taller it actually rides and handles about the same!

They were a little heavier but I haven't noticed too much in terms of gas mileage. I've only done a little over 100 miles so far, including climbing a pretty steep dirt hill. I will be headed to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan in a few weeks to go hunting, so I really wanted something that was less passenger-car tire design and more all-terrain without breaking the bank. ;)

They definitely look more aggressive :D

· Registered
2015 Trailhawk
951 Posts
I've used Kenda Mtn bike tires, but I didn't even know they made car/truck tires. They look good. The name is kind of clever;), but I think Kenda Kleaver would be better. No, I'm not drunk!
Not yet.

· Registered
610 Posts
Hm. I don't think height is the problem with the stock tires. It's the width. Given chuncky proportions of the Renegade, combination 215 wide tires and stock offset/track width make it look like Dodge/Chrysler of the 70s—fat man with toothpick legs.

· Registered
607 Posts
Bought and mounted these Kendas yesterday, .85" taller than the stock 215/65-16 Continentals.

Tread depth is much deeper and more aggressive, sidewalls are much stiffer, but since the sidewalls are a little taller it actually rides and handles about the same!

They were a little heavier but I haven't noticed too much in terms of gas mileage. I've only done a little over 100 miles so far, including climbing a pretty steep dirt hill. I will be headed to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan in a few weeks to go hunting, so I really wanted something that was less passenger-car tire design and more all-terrain without breaking the bank. ;)

They definitely look more aggressive :D
Love this look! The tires look wider than stock even though they really aren't so thats nice. Does the acceleration feel a bit more sluggish? How about tire noise at highway speeds of 70 mph?

Also, if you felt like it - you could get the renegade ready 20mm hubcentric spacers for the rear wheels so that they would sit flush with the fender (more like how your front tires are now), and increase stability also!

· Registered
149 Posts
I like them! I won't be replacing my stock tires until they really need it (I'm of the "waste not want not" frugal mindset) but when I do I'll definitely be upgrading.

Reactions: LittleRedJeep

· Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I love it! How much were the tires?
I get employee pricing, I'm not sure how much they retail for. In your area you can contact this shop for a quote (or another, there are many that carry our tires):

Wagner Tire and Auto
110 Boone Square St # 31, Hillsborough, NC 27278
Phone: (919) 732-2521

Amazon also carries Kendas (this size is $125/ea), but I usually try to support local businesses when possible. ;)

I love the "this side up"
Thanks! It started as a joke, I rolled and totalled a smart car... my Abarth had the same sticker on it :)

I've used Kenda Mtn bike tires, but I didn't even know they made car/truck tires. They look good. The name is kind of clever;), but I think Kenda Kleaver would be better. No, I'm not drunk!
Not yet.
They are actually pronounced Cleaver. I don't know why...

Hm. I don't think height is the problem with the stock tires. It's the width. Given chuncky proportions of the Renegade, combination 215 wide tires and stock offset/track width make it look like Dodge/Chrysler of the 70s—fat man with toothpick legs.
Love this look! The tires look wider than stock even though they really aren't so thats nice. Does the acceleration feel a bit more sluggish? How about tire noise at highway speeds of 70 mph?

Also, if you felt like it - you could get the renegade ready 20mm hubcentric spacers for the rear wheels so that they would sit flush with the fender (more like how your front tires are now), and increase stability also!
I like them! I won't be replacing my stock tires until they really need it (I'm of the "waste not want not" frugal mindset) but when I do I'll definitely be upgrading.
Agreed, but I needed something a little more aggressive than the passenger car tread Conti's it came with. I take the vehicle hunting so it's not uncommon for me to see mud/dirt/sand.

Accel is slightly more sluggish, but that's to be expected with more weight trying to be rotated :) Tire noise is slightly more audible but nowhere near uncomfortable or even noticeable to those who hadn't rode in it with the Continentals before. It sounds slightly more like a truck.

What size are those ??
As the title states: 215/70R16

· Registered
149 Posts
Yeah if you've got a use for them it was definitely a good move. I grew up in more of an area where I might find myself on dirt roads/trails, but now I just commute 18 miles round trip a day in the suburbs.

Though once I trade my Cobalt SS for a Jeep I might find myself looking for those dirt trails...

· Registered
1 Posts
Hi, may I please ask you if there is more comfort in driving this wheels compared with the 215/60 R17 original wheels? I have the original ones and in my opinion the car is toooo sporty with them, so I am thinking about to buy also 215/70 R16 with more rubber - but don't know if it makes real sense?
Best regards from Austria
Alex

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.