Jeep Renegade Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Mudpie stop it..... you are splitting my sides as usual :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

If people don't laugh with you there is something wrong.

I love it my friend. Keep up the good work :love:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have been having the same problem but it only seems to happen at Walmart. I had to use the fail safe procedure to start my renegade yesterday by touching FOB to start/stop button and pressing button. That worked and I got home, but I had a red light blinking intermittently by Tachometer...funny thing, after I got home, 2 state troopers, one marked and 1 unmarked rolled by my house...I was wondering if it was sending out a security signal. LOL

Anyway, switched to my other FOB until I could get new battery for the one. It seemed fine all day, until earlier when I went to Walmart again, it acted up a little, but eventually worked. I was actually at Walmart to buy batteries for the FOB's...so now I have changed the battery in the one and went out and tested it and everything is fine...we will see if it acts up again. Both FOB's seemed to act up at Walmart, almost like something there was interfering with the signal. Will see how it goes with new battery. Hoping it was just a low battery.,..but seeing there are other posts about this issue concerns me a little. My Renegade is a 2016 that i bought new in January of 2017...so both FOB batteries are a little over 2 years old at least, so maybe just battery, but the one I have never actually used and it acted up in a similar way at walmart today...my thought was, What is it about Walmart that causes the FOB to act up.
weird and interesting.....I wonder if the intermittant starting issue is about reception/signal and the fob..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Does the Renegade have some sort of warning system that lets the user know the fob battery is getting weak ? Reason I ask is, I own a smart fortwo (yes, and it's a great little car) and when the battery in the fob is getting weak, when you unlock your doors, the headlights quickly flash like 4 times. Go get a new battery, everything is good.

But that's a keyed ignition. My Renegade is a keyless ignition, you'd think they'd have SOME type of warning system to let you know you need a new battery being that fob is vital, not a luxury, to starting your vehicle. Does it ?

Or does Jeep expect it's users to have them stand by their doors, repeatedly pressing the unlock button, walk closer to the vehicle, try again, extend your arm straight, try again, then put the fob on your chin and press again (we've all done that), then go, "What the....." ? Only to determine the battery is dead/weak, pulling out the emergency key, unlocking your door, pressing the fob against the start button and have your dash light up and flash like a jackpot winning slot machine in Vegas.
:LOL:

21 - 23 of 23 Posts