Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I just replaced the battery in my key fob and my Jeep is saying "no fob detected". Any thoughts on why this is happening?
Thanks

·
Registered
172 Posts
I've dropped my fob on concrete and it lost connection took a day to get everything resynced...

Reactions: thegreenman.us

·
Registered
1 Posts
My Fob is saying it has left the car, it won't lock or unlock the doors and if I have manually locked them I have to use that special key thingy to unlock them...any ideas? I just replaced the battery thinking it was the battery, and I tried the spare fob, same issues....HELP!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I replaced my battery yesterday (both fobs). I had to use the non-key end to start my vehicle yesterday and again today (every time I start my vehicle). Neither fob will unlock the doors. Does anyone have any ideas? Otherwise, I’m afraid to the dealer it is... ☹

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
I replaced my battery yesterday (both fobs). I had to use the non-key end to start my vehicle yesterday and again today (every time I start my vehicle). Neither fob will unlock the doors. Does anyone have any ideas? Otherwise, I’m afraid to the dealer it is... ☹
Welcome to the forum. If the new batteries in the fobs don't unlock the doors you will probably need a trip to the dealer. Have you tried disconnecting the negative ground on the Renegade battery? Sometimes that solves some glitches that have come up with the Renegades. Are you sure the batteries are inserted ok?

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Hello Laan81272,
We are certainly sorry to hear about your recent concern. We recommend having your dealer look into this for you, as they are in the best position to assist. If you would like any additional assistance, please feel free to send us a private message and we'll be happy to help.
Laura
JeepCares

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
My Fob is saying it has left the car, it won't lock or unlock the doors and if I have manually locked them I have to use that special key thingy to unlock them...any ideas? I just replaced the battery thinking it was the battery, and I tried the spare fob, same issues....HELP!!!
W E L C O M E ! ! ! to the forum.
As @dgr401 stated...

I would:
Make sure that the ignition is off,
Disconnect the VEHICLES Negative Battery Terminal by way of the 'Quick Disconnect',
Wait two minutes, or so and reconnect the Negative Battery Terminal.

This should reboot the computers, and hopefully allow the FOB's to be detected.

... you may have to start the jeep the first time by pushing the start button with the bottom of the FOB for them to become synced (not sure, something I heard).

Reactions: dgr401

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Laan81272,
We are certainly sorry to hear about your recent concern. We recommend having your dealer look into this for you, as they are in the best position to assist. If you would like any additional assistance, please feel free to send us a private message and we'll be happy to help.
Laura
JeepCares
Is there some way I can speak with someone familiar with the key fob/transmitter-receiver setup ? Mine stopped working and I would like to try to fix it myself as the dealer wants about $500 to do this and the car is 60 days out of warranty wirth 21000 miles

·
Super Moderator
3,741 Posts
Is there some way I can speak with someone familiar with the key fob/transmitter-receiver setup ? Mine stopped working and I would like to try to fix it myself as the dealer wants about $500 to do this and the car is 60 days out of warranty wirth 21000 miles
welcomegroup

and enjoy the forum!

Search is your friend!
Try what IDMOR said above it should work!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts