Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my Kicker sub installed, but have a question. One of the screw holes is stripped, and just my luck it's the one that I had to drill a hole in the panel to get to. It must have been that way from the factory. Is there any way to shore it up so that the screw will tighten? Wrap something around the screw, or maybe put something in the screw hole? The other 3 are very tight, and I don't detect any vibration, but would still like to get that last one in tight.

Thanks...

·
Super Moderator
3,600 Posts
Is it like a wood screw into plastic or a machine screw into metal.

There's ways to deal with both. Likely involving removing the panel though. Dunno how much space you have to work with.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a wood screw into plastic, but I just fixed it. I found a screw with slightly larger diameter threads. The head was larger than the factory screw, so I ground it down to match the diameter of the factory screw head, screwed it in and it snugged up nice and tight.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After listening to the Kicker sub now for a couple of days, it is, IMO, a definite improvement. Bass is clearer, a bit more punchy and not muddy.

I've done the dash speakers, front doors and sub, and I'm happy. Will probably leave the rear doors alone.

·
Registered
715 Posts
????????

Absolutely better than stock. And it looks better as well. I've got the kickers in the dash and the sub, and will probly leave that for a while. It sounds SO MUCH BETTER. and I didn't drill that upper left screw out.. Just left it with 3 screws ?? no issues and no hole to cover up. Just lots of bass I can hear my license plate rattle sometimes ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.