Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Agree about the Walmart Protection but can't decide either.
The ones I seen were in the usual middle of the door.
Are these not to low to be of use.
Can't remember how curved door is.
I have black so might get away with the look.
My last car had them (2012) and they did their job.
But I'm sh!t at design and if jeep thought they looked good, they would have put them on in the first place.

Boy it's tough making the big decisions.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
79 Posts
That's a nice side door molding trim, it reminds me a 2001 Toyota Rav4

Really useful, when a car is parked next to yours and that kids open the doors then it hit your Rene, it could save your day.

·
Registered
2015 Trailhawk
404 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Kinda

What I do like is that they seem to match in color and texture the other dark grey / black bits on the Jeep. I also like the way the Renegade Logo shows through that opening and the Jeep Face towards the back. Looks like there big enough to provide some protection too.

But then again, they take away from the nice clean look of the door and the nice shape of the side of the Jeep kinda?

Anyways, who knows, Chris

I didn't care for those when I first saw them, but I'll tell ya, that's exactly where I have a loooong scratch on the driver's side door. Just about the entire length of the door.

I bought some touch-up paint, but haven't tried it yet.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I just ordered thise from a seller in Brazil. I don't think they look cheap at all. My Rene has the same black plastic all over the place. So at least it will look cheap all over LOL. I don't know if these are really a Mopar Item, as I can't find them in the Mopar stores. Maybe only outside of the US. I think they add to the rugged look of the Rene. And will definitely provide protection from stupid people swinging doors out.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Been watching these as well. Got a white Sport with black trim. It'll go with the rest of the black.

Everyone I ask gives their OK for the look. The other glossy painted trim looks good but they noticed how the Mopar ones are hollow and will likely give a little on impact and are mounted at the actual outermost crown of the door. The painted strips are up too high.

I'll pull the trigger soon. And I'll cut a few notches just in the tape along the bottom so any water can escape.

And I'll still park away at Walmart. My wife's gonna HATE that. :)

But that'll be it for awhile. Next to the clear bra and mud flaps and other protection, it'll look like I'm afraid to be out in public.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.