Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

This will be the third thread asking the location of the knock sensor. I didn't find the other two threads helpful. I'm under my 2016 Jeep Renegade and I cannot find this thing, people say it's at the back of the engine but due to the splash guard I have very little visibility or access to the back of my engine. Can anyone help guide me to the knock sensor? Am I supposed to be under my car? And is it towards the back of the engine, the passenger side, or the driver's side? Are there any nearby landmarks, ie. the transmission?

Thank you!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm sorry, but I did see this thread and I haven't found it helpful. I'm still not sure what I'm looking at from below, and on what side of the car I need to be looking, and if I can even see it from below.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I'm sorry, but I did see this thread and I haven't found it helpful. I'm still not sure what I'm looking at from below, and on what side of the car I need to be looking, and if I can even see it from below.
It's on the back of the engine, you are going to need to crawl under and look. You should be able to use the dipstick tube as a guide.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For future readers: my knock sensor on my 2016 Jeep Renegade is not accessible or even seemingly visible without removing the splash guard. FYI

·
Registered
234 Posts
You pretty much need to remove the plastic splash guard to access just about anything. It's not a big deal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts