Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have heard lots of positive about the tires and some concern about the weight and stress they may cause on the related components.

On another forum one person complained of very sluggish acceleration when the A/C was on.

Before I take delivery of the tires, I wanted to get another round of feedback.

How have y'all found acceleration with the KO2, say for passing, merging, crossing traffic, etc?

Since it's my daily driver, I don't want to make it too much of a pig in traffic.
I can still cancel and get the Geolanders. :)

Thanks

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have not had any issues with the KO2's on my Jeep. If I need to go, I hit the gas and it goes. Whether it is accelerating on the freeway, passing on a country highway, or just in general. The only lag that I feel is waiting for the computer to tell the transmission what gear to be in. I have a few spots that I hit during my commute that this comes in play, and I just switch it to manual mode but this was necessary with the stock Conti's too. I do my best to not be heavy footed because it helps the mpg's stay in the upper 24's, but I also remember that it's a Jeep :) Now my old Wrangler that I had was running BFG MT's in a 35, but it was re-geared and when I would stomp on the gas it felt like the front end was ready to lift in the air.

Hope that helps some - Erik

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hey guys, silly question. What tire pressure are you running your KO2's at, normal highway?
Right now they are at the 35psi that the tire shop set them at after installing my new rims, but I normally run them at 38psi and once I decide to not be lazz will turn on the compressor and bump them up a little bit.

Erik

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.