Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive only have my 2015 Latitude Automatic for a week after buying it from a used car lot. 38000 miles on the clock. When starting off in the morning I step on the gas and feel a lag between gears like theres no power. You know when your sitting back from acceleration but then theres no force on your body and you move forward, that's how it feels then it catches then I feel a clunk in third or fourth. . I don't know what updates have been done to the computer if any. How can I tell? I love the Rene and its awesome MPGs Im averaging 31 . Im at 340 miles since filling up and it shows 110 miles to empty . not bad for 12 gallons of gas. Thanks for your input

·
Registered
52 Posts
Ive only have my 2015 Latitude Automatic for a week after buying it from a used car lot. 38000 miles on the clock. When starting off in the morning I step on the gas and feel a lag between gears like theres no power. You know when your sitting back from acceleration but then theres no force on your body and you move forward, that's how it feels then it catches then I feel a clunk in third or fourth. . I don't know what updates have been done to the computer if any. How can I tell? I love the Rene and its awesome MPGs Im averaging 31 . Im at 340 miles since filling up and it shows 110 miles to empty . not bad for 12 gallons of gas. Thanks for your input
The 9sp auto has a lot of updates for it, especially the 2015's. I would suspect they haven't been done, A good Jeep dealer can tell you what flashes have been done, or more importantly will do them for you as needed, especially if you tell them the concerns you are having, have it all checked out before it goes off warranty. It should all be free, I never paid for any of my updates.

Also, 31MPG sounds suspiciously like the MPG has never been reset (for some stupid reason they all sat at 31 until reset for the first time...)

Congrats on your purchase!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
While driving last night around 30mph a strange vibration shook the Renegade for 15 or so seconds. Sort of like a low frequency hum. I drove the one on the right this morning

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Took a print out of the TSB stating bad shifting in the 2015 and needed to be flashed to the service counter today. Asked if they have delt with this.. He didnt have much to say except are you having issues. I also mentioned to check motor mounts and said originals could be defective. He had no clue. I really dis like service writers of today.. I was one back in the 80s and knew a thing or two about the Fords we worked on . Now they are all glorified Mr and Mrs GQ hows my hair. We didnt give out snacks and protein water.

·
Registered
1 Posts
shifting lag

I have the same problem with my 2015 Renegade Limited. 41,000 miles. Bought this one certified used two weeks ago. Feels like it falls on its face when I go to take off. Dealer put transmission solenoid back into learn mode? (if thats a real thing) Still shifting poorly on the way home. We also own a 2017 Renegade trailhawk with no issues. The shifting issue is not normal. Should I take it back to the same dealer?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all for this group. Ive learned a lot so far. I took the jeep to the dealer this morning along with the TSP. They did the update and said it fixed it. I test drove it after work and its now perfect!!! Couldn't believe the difference. I came back to the dealer smileing. I also mentioned the motor mounts and they said its recommended all 3 be changed and they are installing them tomorrow. Hope the vibes at stop signs will be gone.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Is there a specific TSB to fix this lag? How does it all actually work, does the latest TSB include everything that was fixed in the previous ones or does the dealer flash every single TSB in te order it was available?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Is there a specific TSB to fix this lag? How does it all actually work, does the latest TSB include everything that was fixed in the previous ones or does the dealer flash every single TSB in te order it was available?
Below is what dealer found with mine:
"Scanned for DTC's none present, looked for available software updates and TSB's has TSB 21-003-18 lists his concern as fixable with software, PCM and TCM are both out of date, need to be done at same time 18-19-06-UE 0.2 hr 18-19-05GX 0.2 hr flash programmed PCM and TCM to latest software level per TSB 21-003-18"

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks Commando, that's really useful. Might call Jeep to ask if these updates can be done at any Jeep dealer or if it has to be the dealer it was bought from as they're not giving me all the updates it seems.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Thanks Commando, that's really useful. Might call Jeep to ask if these updates can be done at any Jeep dealer or if it has to be the dealer it was bought from as they're not giving me all the updates it seems.
You're welcome! I'm sure any dealer can do them. I purchased mine in a different city than the one I live in and it hasn't been an issue. The thing that bothers me (and I've ranted about it before) is it seems when there's an issue that is "software" related, we have no option (at least that I've seen) other than to take it to a dealer for service. I'm not sure our favorite "shops" are equipped to do the "software" updates these Renegades require. When they fall out of warranty I'm not sure what we can expect to see for diagnostics, etc for a computer related issue. I'd be interested to hear what others experiences are when their Renegades have fallen out of warranty.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I had a little experience yesterday also in 2nd gear on a straight road and overtaking :eek:

The car in front and I had both turned right at a junction and the "old lady" was really struggling to accelerate.

Down went my accelerator and my 2.0L Renegade Longitude 4x4 diesel (UK)was doing an easy 50mph when I lost all power (I know it's the failsafe) and quickly up-geared to 3rd and carried on to 70mph. :p

I cannot reiterate enough that I have the car chipped but this car can shift with no lag between gears.

Before chipping I felt there was a little something missing in it's response to throttle.

·
Registered
21 Posts
On mine, the shifts are smooth but in the lower gears, it holds the revs far too high and long. Once the transmission has warmed up, it changes much quicker and lower. The higher gears (4+) are always lag free.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts