Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I was wondering if there is anyone else who has been having issues with the Lane assist/sense system, where it disconnects for no apparent reason.
Long story short - I start the car, the lane departure warning system is turned on by default, then while driving at low speeds and manoeuvring, all of a sudden I get the error message "Driving Advisor failure" for the lane assist. If I try to turn it back on using the button, it will turn itself off after a few seconds.
This has been happening daily now for the last few weeks.

I did have the windscreen replaced by a Jeep dealer with a genuine one just before all this started happening, and I used to have absolutely no issues with this before.
The windscreen replacement was followed by a re-calibration of the camera that sits in the module attached to the windscreen.
I went to the dealer to investigate the issue and they said the wiring looks ok, so they said the next step would be to replace the camera which is not cheap!

Anyone else who has encountered a similar issue, and if so, what was the resolve ?

Thank you

·
Registered
2018 Renegade Latitude
21 Posts
The dealer does know the camera and system worked before they replaced the windshield, correct? If so, it would seem that they might have been a bit negligent or not willing to admit that their "tech" may have erred. With the problems I've had with dealer service I wouldn't trust them at all and would make a nuisance of myself.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The dealer does know the camera and system worked before they replaced the windshield, correct? If so, it would seem that they might have been a bit negligent or not willing to admit that their "tech" may have erred. With the problems I've had with dealer service I wouldn't trust them at all and would make a nuisance of myself.
Thanks for responding. I cannot disagree with what you said in your comment unfortunately, due to my past experience with some dealers (not all though). Yes, it all worked just fine before, otherwise I would have told the dealer to have a look while they replace the windscreen, if something was not working properly. I always have my cars meticulously maintained and if something fails or goes wrong, I take immediate action. Will have another chat with them and see where it takes me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As an update, the issue has now been resolved. The culprit was the clock spring which was replaced at the dealership. So far so good, no more errors.

·
Super Moderator
3,741 Posts
Good to know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts