Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to the totally bonkers 'safety feature' that tries to keep you between the white lines it's like driving while stuck in tram-tracks!

How do I disable this immensely annoying function?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Gary..

Excellent description of the irritation 'tramlines' ��

You can easily disable it.
There is a switch Between the passenger airbag on/off switch.. And the driver seat-heating switch (on the same row as the red 'warning', double indicators..

Let me know if you can't find it..

So much nicer to be off the tramlines.. And back to the pot-holed roads ��

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Hi Gary..

Excellent description of the irritation 'tramlines' ��

You can easily disable it.
There is a switch Between the passenger airbag on/off switch.. And the driver seat-heating switch (on the same row as the red 'warning', double indicators..

Let me know if you can't find it..

So much nicer to be off the tramlines.. And back to the pot-holed roads ��
#

I doubt he will have an airbag switch.

In fact it is not even a switch, just an indicator. It is turned off and on though the instument display.
But he wont have that either.>:D

It is number 6 on the image in this thread http://www.jeeprenegadeforum.com/forum/57-interior/16209-center-console-controls-buttons.html
You can also alter the amount of force it applies though uconnect.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I leave it on and personally doesn't bother me too much, rarely kicks in and I guess it's nice to have on, just in case it helps save the Renegade one day. I've just got used to the odd automatic adjustment of the wheel. I wouldn't put any trust in it working though.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I leave it on, but have reduced the amount of "assistance" it gives - it can still catch you out sometimes when the white lines are confusing enough (such as double mini-roundabouts and filter lanes).

I did actually try to test the facility to stay within my lane on the Motorway, by taking my hands off the wheel completely, and that set off another alarm saying there were no hands on the wheel....

·
Registered
247 Posts
I leave it on, but have reduced the amount of "assistance" it gives - it can still catch you out sometimes when the white lines are confusing enough (such as double mini-roundabouts and filter lanes).

I did actually try to test the facility to stay within my lane on the Motorway, by taking my hands off the wheel completely, and that set off another alarm saying there were no hands on the wheel....
The first and only time the hands on wheel alarm came on was a complete shock, the piercing warning! I was barely touching the wheel at the time, but it was enough to make me grab it :) . Still noticing new features a month later... The dealer said it might happen, but I'd seen it once only now.

·
Registered
11 Posts
We only find it annoying if trying to emulate BMW or Audi drivers by trying to change lane without indicating. As others have said it can be disabled by using the switch in the centre console next to the passenger airbag warning/switch.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.