Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Renegade

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would you rather have this new crossover/cuv from Jeep named once it hits production? Laredo or Renegade? Make sure to vote on the poll above

·
Registered
831 Posts
I like Laredo just because it fits with their traditional naming schemes, albeit trim levels but still. The cheapest Jeep gets named after the cheapest trim level. I just wonder if they do choose Laredo if they will change the base trim package name...

·
Registered
953 Posts
Yea I think that Laredo is a better name than Renegade. I mean 'Renegade" is just 'Jeep' with 'ster' added to the end of it. I just wonder what the lowest trim level for Jeep products will be named if they move Laredo onto this new model.

·
Registered
831 Posts
ah those are high levels of deduction mate ;) I think they should call it the Jeep Sergio in honor of the commandant

·
Registered
953 Posts
The 'Laredo' nameplate implies that the Renegade will be cheap though since Laredo was the bottom trim level fro current Jeep vehicles. I think it would be a good idea to choose a name that doesn't imply cheapness. It could also confuse people who are familiar with the Laredo name.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hate to call it cheap, i rather call it entry-level, an entry-level name for an entry-level vehicle.

·
Registered
465 Posts
if they offer the renegade in just one trim and call it the jeep laredo then they dont have to worry about it getting confusing with the laredo trims in the other models

last thing we want is a laredo laredo.

·
Registered
953 Posts
if they offer the renegade in just one trim and call it the jeep laredo then they dont have to worry about it getting confusing with the laredo trims in the other models

last thing we want is a laredo laredo.
That is what I was thinking. "Laredo Laredo," that would be funny. Do you really think that the Laredo will only come with one trim level though? It seems to me that there would have to be a more off-road capable trim level at the least. Jeep can't give up on its off-roading brand identity.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Trying to think of other names they can use....still not sure what they can use. Laredo is still a good last resort

1 - 14 of 14 Posts