Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i get my trail hawk tomorrow!! so the first thing i want to add is obviously larger tires and a lift. so that brings me to a 2 part question; 1: how large can i go with the tires and wheels 2:I've heard since the cherokee and renegade suspensions are the same that a cherokee lift can be used, any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
i get my trail hawk tomorrow!! so the first thing i want to add is obviously larger tires and a lift. so that brings me to a 2 part question; 1: how large can i go with the tires and wheels 2:I've heard since the cherokee and renegade suspensions are the same that a cherokee lift can be used, any thoughts?
Tires:
For larger tires, on a stock Trailhawk, try 225/65R17 or 235/60R17, they MAY fit, you will be among the the first in the U.S. to try, the 235 may require spacers. If you lift, you MAY be able to go larger.

Lift:
Whoever told you "I've heard since the cherokee and renegade suspensions are the same that a cherokee lift can be used, any thoughts?" I'll bet was a wonderfully knowledgeable salesman, right?

The suspension designs are COMPLETELY different. The Cherokee CANNOT be lifted, unless you have a few hundred grand$ like Jeep did last year for a one off Moab show vehicle.

The Reneagde can be lifted, one company out of France has done it for their own, but not for sale. But you can buy the G-Force kit from Italy:
http://www.g-force.it/PRODOTTI2.ASP?CATEGORIA=NEW RENEGADE&ID=706

More info here:
http://www.jeeprenegadeforum.com/fo...discussion/2961-renegade-may-lift-able-7.html

Reactions: K_Snow

·
Registered
146 Posts
1" to 1.5" is all anyone has done so far.
This is about all you'd want to do until deeper axle gears are available to turn the bigger tires.

The 4.338 gears that both the TH and the manual transmission Renegades use is as good as it gets for now.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
So if you do get new wheels, are you selling the ones that came with the Trailhawk? I wanted to get a set of steel wheels (inexpensive) shod with winter tires for November through March unless I can get a set of OEM Trailhawk wheels for a good price.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.