Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I reached out to Jeep Customer Svc. today via chat because my dealership hasn't been the best in communicating with me. I liken that issue to the dealership being too embarrassed to tell me there are no updates and they don't know why.

Anyhow, the rep I spoke to couldn't tell me much since I don't have a VIN yet, but said Renegades are in production and are expected to arrive late July / early August. That includes Renegades with MySky.

I ordered my renegade on May 10. I've read about those who ordered in April and are receiving their Renegades w/My Sky this month. Congratulations!

I'm wondering if the next shipment will be in late July / early August. Maybe the good people in Italy are working on a few more kinks before releasing the next batch, or maybe it's just easier to hold onto the built ones until there are enough to send over sea.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I reached out to Jeep Customer Svc. today via chat because my dealership hasn't been the best in communicating with me. I liken that issue to the dealership being too embarrassed to tell me there are no updates and they don't know why.

Anyhow, the rep I spoke to couldn't tell me much since I don't have a VIN yet, but said Renegades are in production and are expected to arrive late July / early August. That includes Renegades with MySky.

I ordered my renegade on May 10. I've read about those who ordered in April and are receiving their Renegades w/My Sky this month. Congratulations!

I'm wondering if the next shipment will be in late July / early August. Maybe the good people in Italy are working on a few more kinks before releasing the next batch, or maybe it's just easier to hold onto the built ones until there are enough to send over sea.
I ordered 5/5 & mine was supposedly "shipped out" 5/29. I ordered the tow package, but no MySky. If you have your VON, they should still be able to give you some type of info. I received most of my info going through JeepChat also....

·
Registered
116 Posts
Personally seems to be no rhyme of reason on who gets one when.
I know I have seen some getting My Sky who ordered April.
I ordered March and still JB...going on 3 weeks.
Others have been in JB for 4 weeks.
Crazy....what kind of car can take a month even through production lines....let alone be at body vendor for a month.
This is a joke.

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
But.. but... it's not summer yet. :eek:

I do believe that is a myth. The whole country does not shut down and neither does Europe for that matter. (Another myth).
They do take alot of vacations though. Germans usually take 3 weeks off in August even though they get 34 vacation days, France, Spain, Brazil and Italy also get close to that much and can take up to a whole month off in the summer. Whether they do all at once is up to debate.
If one uses the baseline, where those with families take vacation when there is no school, then the Italian summer vacation usually starts the 2nd week of June and lasts until the 1st week of September and finals are held until the end of June much like the USA. In Brazil (for those curious about the plant over there), summer break starts the last two weeks in December and ends in early February. But basically no, the country does not shut down. Although I do believe the whole country shuts down on Aug 15, which is the big national Ferragosto (Assumption of Mary) holiday.

TS

Reactions: Beerwolf70

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Received my VIN# Today

We placed our order on May 10. Today I received my VIN #. I'm thinking another month before it's shipped and arrives. At this point my vehicle has been built (allegedly) and is now having the add-ons installed. I'm assuming there will be a delay here with the MySky being thoroughly tested (from what I've read).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.