Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I did not expect to get my LED fog bulbs in the mail today. I did a late night install. This morning I installed the daytime running lights. I noticed the LED fog bulbs cast light further than the regular bulbs. I do notice the afterburner. Do anyone else notice the long burn from the LED fog bulbs or did I do something wrong? Let me know.

·
Premium Member
2,707 Posts
When you say, "Long burn" are you meaning that they stay on when the switch is off? If so, that's normal and is just the power draining down within the LED bulb.

If it's a different definition then apologies for mis-directing you.

·
Registered
252 Posts
When you say, "Long burn" are you meaning that they stay on when the switch is off? If so, that's normal and is just the power draining down within the LED bulb.

If it's a different definition then apologies for mis-directing you.
About to ask the same thing. It's definitely the power drain.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I need to time the after burn from the bulbs. I think only the fog lights had the burn. That’s not a big deal if it’s just from the fog lights. I don’t use them often.

About to ask the same thing. It's definitely the power drain.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I need to time the after burn from the bulbs. I think only the fog lights had the burn. That’s not a big deal if it’s just from the fog lights. I don’t use them often.
It isn't an issue regardless, both my drls and fogs after burn for about twenty minutes after engine shut off. Has no effect whatsoever on the battery.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does the LED bulbs store so much energy once it shut off? That’s why is stays on?
It isn't an issue regardless, both my drls and fogs after burn for about twenty minutes after engine shut off. Has no effect whatsoever on the battery.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I did not expect to get my LED fog bulbs in the mail today. I did a late night install. This morning I installed the daytime running lights. I noticed the LED fog bulbs cast light further than the regular bulbs. I do notice the afterburner. Do anyone else notice the long burn from the LED fog bulbs or did I do something wrong? Let me know.
View attachment 2396349566 View attachment 2396349567 View attachment 2396349568 View attachment 2396349569 View attachment 2396349570 View attachment 2396349571 View attachment 2396349572
What year is your renegade what let’s did you purchase?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Original and LED bulb.
2pcs Xenon White 45-4014-SMD LED Bulbs for 2015-up Jeep Renegade Fog Lights Lamp

33-SMD White LED Daytime Running Light Bulbs DRL For Jeep Renegade

I meant to say what LED’s did you purchase. Sorry my bad.

Attachments

·
Registered
252 Posts
Great job. I was able to do 100% led swap on/ all off my Renny. The only canbus error I get is from licence plate light. There is an adapter I can get but I'm used to the dash error.

·
Premium Member
2,707 Posts
Jamie I'm pretty sure the LEDs I used internally may have also been suitable for the number plate.

I will have a look right now as I know I seen compatible bulbs recently that are canbus error free. T10 501 W5W CAR SIDE LIGHT BULBS ERROR FREE CANBUS 6 & 10SMD LED XENON HID WHITE

@jamie, I've had a look on Amazon UK. Copy and paste the bulb description into the US Amazon:

I have not checked to see if the base of those bulbs are the same as a packet of spare LEDs I keep in the Jeep.

However here are the ones I bought from Ebay and they also say, "licence plate lights"

·
Registered
84 Posts
Original and LED bulb.
2pcs Xenon White 45-4014-SMD LED Bulbs for 2015-up Jeep Renegade Fog Lights Lamp

33-SMD White LED Daytime Running Light Bulbs DRL For Jeep Renegade
We'll work on aunt's new Renegade soon after we finished installing the brake kit, fuel wheels and tires plus the headache rack on current Silverado project. She's complaining about not to bright headlights. We'll check those.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts