Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to put this information in its own thread here in the General Discussion section to make sure everyone did not miss this info, discovered by @Juri

Last week, the Jeep Renegade paint colors were discovered early thanks to @CalTom finding a page on a Jeep testing website, presumably meant for internal use only by Jeep's marketing team.

This week, it looks like this same test website shows the first mention yet of a 2015 Jeep Renegade "Opening Edition": http://test.intleu.jeep.com/renegade_2015/

It looks like the package includes white or orange paint with a contrasting black roof, specific black-painted wheels, orange interior accents, and a special limited edition badge.

Given that the page mentions a diesel powertrain, @wxpete speculated that this might be an English language draft for a foreign market.

"Opening Edition" TRIM LEVELS
18” Aluminum Wheels - 3 Season Tire 215/60r18
Accent Black Roof
Dual Zone Automatic Air Conditioning
Rear Parking Sensor

Bright Roof Side Rails
Leather Seats
Radio Nav 6.5” Touchscreen
Passive Entry/Keyless Go
Premium Instrument Cluster, 7” Color TFT Display
Tire pressure Monitoring System
Cruise Control with Speed Limiter
Driver Seat with electric lumbar Adjustment
External Rearview mirrors electrically foldable and defrost

·
Registered
831 Posts
or it could simply be for.... England....

I don't think this is a Test site. Jeep would of wised up and stopped using the site if it were infact live by accident, or we had stumbled into it by accident. This is all very deliberate and controlled. Not one bit of leak about it....

·
Registered
370 Posts
I agree with Willy 100 percent. I have a Fiat 500L, got it right after they came out. And right out of the gate Fiat offered a few extra items free of charge for those who got the car in the first models year, about $1600.00 worth of free options. I got a back up camera, larger stereo system screen, GPS, Sirius XM radio for one year, drivers arm rest and a few other things. Just remember that Fiat now owns Jeep. So if they offer such free items on a new model Fiat car then it's no big stretch to think that they might do the same thing for a new Jeep SUV.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I don't really get what makes this model special other than that it is orange and has a special badge. I just don't really get what makes this model so special. Even the name of it doesn't really tell us much about what they are going for with this. Hardly a model to get people excited about the Jeep Renegade.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't really get what makes this model special other than that it is orange and has a special badge. I just don't really get what makes this model so special. Even the name of it doesn't really tell us much about what they are going for with this. Hardly a model to get people excited about the Jeep Renegade.
Most special editions aren't that special, and this one is no exception. That said, I like the orange interior accents...

·
Registered
953 Posts
With some of the other special editions they at least give them some nicer seats or materials. This one really seems to get nothing. What was the point of even putting out a special edition if there isn't anything special about it?

·
Super Moderator
3,475 Posts
It's going to have the silver grill outside of it's usual location in the option matrix, and it's going to have orange surrounds inside as well as prefab option selections.

I'm not sure what the point of it is other than to maybe have some ad dollars behind a specific option setup to encourage dealers to stock some and maybe offer some prime the pump type incentives.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
it's bragging rights for the owners :)

·
Registered
953 Posts
Even if the changes were only superficial, I just thought they would make more of them to actually make the model feel special. I have been far more impressed by special edition models brought forward by other companies when they debut vehicles, like Mercedes Benz. They add more concrete new features like racing seats and unique rims.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Making less of them would make it even more special but i'm not exactly sure if that's what's best for this, it might even be better to run it for a whole year with no production limit.

·
Registered
106 Posts
The "Opening edition" badge has a cheap look about it. In my opinion as an introductory model to the car the badge is letting it down and should appear more premium. It looks like the badge of a desperate dealer special a few years into the models life.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts