Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my 2016 Trailhawk. Living in Florida it’s in the sun and the Skyroof panels started getting hairline cracks and when it rains,They leak in the middle over the seats and arm rest.Come on it’s Florida we get lots of rain. Dealer said I can replace them at my expense. Ouch. Also the cloth material on the door panels are starting to bubble up and pull away from the window lock switches, this too was not covered in the extra warranty. Anyone else have these issues???

·
Registered
653 Posts
That sucks. I wonder if they can be covered, something a vinyl wrap type covering.

I have heard of the inner panels bubbling also. I do not see why the extended warranty wouldn't cover the panels?

... if I may ask, what extended warranty do you have?

·
Super Moderator
1,399 Posts
Are you sure the panels are leaking?
Not the seals when the roof tub fills with water due to the terrible drainage? And it then running to the centre?

But if the panels are damaged, could you apply a black vinyl wrap material over them to keep the water out?

Dealer replace my door card under warranty.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I never have taken the panels off but you can see hair line cracks in the middle of the front panel. I checked to see if they could be wrapped but they said with the texture of the panel wrap wouldn’t stay on it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts