Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The current payment configuration on the Renegade website does not show what the lease rate is.

While it is possible to do a comparable price calculation on an average spec'd Renegade with another Jeep model, that calculation would be showing current Jeep promotional credits for that particular model.

Let's say I just want to calculate a 3 year lease on a regular Limited, 10K miles a year, about $2000 down, but without any other promotional pricing from Jeep. What would that come out to per month?

· Super Moderator
3,685 Posts
I tried the leasing thing back in the early 90's and never again. Make payments for 3 years and in the end you have nothing.
Given the history of Fiat and Chrysler, and it being the first model year, renting it for 3 years with the option to buy might not be the worst plan. Financially, if they aren't offering serious promotional leases, yous still might wind up with it holding resale value less than they say it will. If they do offer insane promotional leases like they have with other models, the residual payoff may just be artificially small.

· Super Moderator
3,685 Posts
Good point, but I don't do payments of any kind and if I can't afford it, then I don't need it
Even if you can afford it, it might be cheap enough to consider it insurance to keep the rest of your money. That may just be my paranoia speaking. My family has owned a couple 70s era fiats, a bunch of mopars from the 60s, 80s, and 90s, and you add in all the fancy electronic bits, and I'm a bit nervous about how well the vehicle will hold up. Actually, it's more worrying that they overlooked some engineering choice and there is lots of potential for a hideous gremlin to sneak in. That's increasingly true of most newer cars.

· Registered
40 Posts
Leasing can be a viable option in certain circumstances. Number one thing is never pay money up front other than first payment. People are dumb enough to think that they are getting a lower payment, when all their doing is prepaying part of the lease by giving several thousand dollars up front. That money could go to pay off debts or invest. I put the grand total of 0 dollars down on my current lease even rolled first payment into remaining monthly payments. This coupled with business write off of a portion of the payment makes this work of me. If you keep a car for 6-7 years than you probably want to buy.

Will never understand how auto companies can convince customers that a payment is lower when they are prepaying thousands up front. Oh well.

· Registered
187 Posts
Even if you can afford it, it might be cheap enough to consider it insurance to keep the rest of your money. That may just be my paranoia speaking. My family has owned a couple 70s era fiats, a bunch of mopars from the 60s, 80s, and 90s, and you add in all the fancy electronic bits, and I'm a bit nervous about how well the vehicle will hold up. Actually, it's more worrying that they overlooked some engineering choice and there is lots of potential for a hideous gremlin to sneak in. That's increasingly true of most newer cars.
I agree and I thought about leasing the Cherokee Trailhawk last year, at least I wanted to be safe about that new model vs its reliability and Transmission etc...

However there is no more "lease" at Jeep Canada it seems, instead, they have some kind of alternative thing that costs a huge amount of money because of the interests rates associated with it... Even the sales did not want to talk about it... It was more or less like lease with an option to buy yet renamed differently marketing wise and made expensive, very expensive...

I thought perhaps they want to push people toward buying... Maybe they do not want to get leased vehicles back into their parking lots after 3 or 4 years with multiple issues related to reliability and bad aging? Who knows...

In any case, I would be more willing to lease the Renegade Trailhawk if leasing was similar to the deals vs interests rates we get at other makes...

Cheers

· Registered
3 Posts
I leased my 2014 4x4 cherokee loaded. Zero, and i mean ZERO, otd, and that zero included all fees, tags etc etc,. The vehicle has it all including the huge sunroof, et etc. $385 a month, 39 months, 10k a year. it was keased in early november 2014. A no brainer deal and not one issue going on 3000 miles.i've been leasing for years. Also have a 2014 leased mazda3 hatch, same 0$ otd, and in 3 years i get new ones, and everything on the cars is covered by the dealers, last vehicle i actually BOUGHT was a new 1990 wrangler. I see no benefit to buying, especially top of the line cars, with not a penny out of pocket up front and very affordable monthly payments, and at the lease end i return it and get a new one. Its transportation, not an investment.

· Super Moderator
3,685 Posts
I agree and I thought about leasing the Cherokee Trailhawk last year, at least I wanted to be safe about that new model vs its reliability and Transmission etc...

However there is no more "lease" at Jeep Canada it seems, instead, they have some kind of alternative thing that costs a huge amount of money because of the interests rates associated with it... Even the sales did not want to talk about it... It was more or less like lease with an option to buy yet renamed differently marketing wise and made expensive, very expensive...

I thought perhaps they want to push people toward buying... Maybe they do not want to get leased vehicles back into their parking lots after 3 or 4 years with multiple issues related to reliability and bad aging? Who knows...

In any case, I would be more willing to lease the Renegade Trailhawk if leasing was similar to the deals vs interests rates we get at other makes...

Cheers
I dunno how things work in Canada, but in the US there are third party leasing options. They don't really save you money over a loan, and are really only of interest if you are concerned about being trapped with a vehicle without some other sucker to take it off your hands. (Or are in a situation where you cna make it be tax advantaged).

· Registered
13 Posts
I leased my 2014 4x4 cherokee loaded. Zero, and i mean ZERO, otd, and that zero included all fees, tags etc etc,. The vehicle has it all including the huge sunroof, et etc. $385 a month, 39 months, 10k a year. it was keased in early november 2014. A no brainer deal and not one issue going on 3000 miles.i've been leasing for years. Also have a 2014 leased mazda3 hatch, same 0$ otd, and in 3 years i get new ones, and everything on the cars is covered by the dealers, last vehicle i actually BOUGHT was a new 1990 wrangler. I see no benefit to buying, especially top of the line cars, with not a penny out of pocket up front and very affordable monthly payments, and at the lease end i return it and get a new one. Its transportation, not an investment.
I like my deal better, I traded a 2011 Murano for a 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited for $9,000 difference. If I divide the $9,000 into 36 payments, that would be $250.00 per month. I will admit that with my deal, I paid the $9,000 when I bought the Grand Cherokee, but I like not having to mess with payments.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.