Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I clean my renegade every week inside and out and I noticed this week after 3.5 years and 34,000 miles with basically nobody ever in the backseats... yet, the leather is starting to bubble up

I have the lifetime $100 deductible warranty and I was wondering if this would be covered

If not, what should I do?

Here are some pictures of both the DR a and PR side

I do live in Orlando so maybe its the heat that caused it but I've never seen this happen to any of my cars.

Attachments

·
Registered
174 Posts
Is it possible that it's from water damage? Any idea what caused it. Not sure about the warranty.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it possible that it's from water damage? Any idea what caused it. Not sure about the warranty.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I don’t believe so it hasn’t rained all week since I clean the jeep last. I’ll be going to the dealer in a few days

·
Super Moderator
3,595 Posts
Keep us updated on this I hope they cover it.

·
Super Moderator
1,527 Posts
They replaced the whole door card on the passenger side of mine because you could see the edge of the cut-out for the door window switch and storage trim panel due to bad cut/fit.

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
I don't remember, but as I understood it, my Max Care warranty covers everything, bumper to bumper for a $100.00 minus consumables. Brakes, clutch, tires, oils and filters etc.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update:

Chrysler/Jeep will not cover the doors under warranty so the Service Manager is loopholing it.

He's charging me $300 to replace both doors ($150 a door) and included in that $300 are 4 synthetic oil changes.

·
Registered
534 Posts
SInce you said you clean your Jeep every week, could an over-application of leather conditioner/treatment have possibly cause the glue under the leather to become weak ?

·
Super Moderator
3,595 Posts
Glad your getting it fixed with a bonus!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
SInce you said you clean your Jeep every week, could an over-application of leather conditioner/treatment have possibly cause the glue under the leather to become weak ?
Not sure.
I rarely ever clean the back seats in particular because nobody ever sits back there.
When I do clean the leather (Once a month. I usually wipe seats down with a wipe),I use Meguire's Gold Class Leather Cleaner. It works 100% on every other vehicle.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Isn’t this considered material and/or workmanship and treated as such under the warranty? Interiors shouldn’t delaminate after so few of years. Maybe after 20 years but not less than 5. I’m glad that this is the only time I’ve seen this complaint on this forum.

My previous car had a delamination problem due to poor engineering which allowed water to collect at the bottom of the door sill due to poor drainage and the humidity caused the delamination. To this day, every VW Eos I come across, I look in the windows of both the driver’s side and passenger side and 9 times out of 10, see the same problem I had with mine, though VW NEVER owned up to it. I’ll never buy another VW due to that, even though that was the most well handled and fun car I ever owned.

·
Registered
417 Posts
My brother had a supercharger fail a few thousand miles out of warranty...costs thousands to repair, and no help form VW. Having not learned, he then bought a VW with a diesel, and just out of warranty the injection pump failed...more thousands in repairs which they would not help with. He hasn't had a VW since.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I clean my renegade every week inside and out and I noticed this week after 3.5 years and 34,000 miles with basically nobody ever in the backseats... yet, the leather is starting to bubble up

I have the lifetime $100 deductible warranty and I was wondering if this would be covered

If not, what should I do?

Here are some pictures of both the DR a and PR side

I do live in Orlando so maybe its the heat that caused it but I've never seen this happen to any of my cars.
My mom just texted me tonight saying she's having the same issue you are. Hers is a 16 with less than 7k miles (she's old and retired and only drives for groceries, dr appointments). It's also garage kept. She also lives in Florida, so I wonder if humidity is the issue.

She's going to try contacting customer service and see if they will do anything, since hers is just out of warranty and it's clearly not an issue of abuse or wear and tear.

I'll update if anything comes of it.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My mom just texted me tonight saying she's having the same issue you are. Hers is a 16 with less than 7k miles (she's old and retired and only drives for groceries, dr appointments). It's also garage kept. She also lives in Florida, so I wonder if humidity is the issue.

She's going to try contacting customer service and see if they will do anything, since hers is just out of warranty and it's clearly not an issue of abuse or wear and tear.

I'll update if anything comes of it.
Well mine was not covered under my Lifetime Jeep MaxCare warranty so the dealer tried to go around it and charged me $300 with 4 synthetic oil changed included since they also thought it was B.S. that Jeep wasn't letting the dealer cover the part. So, I doubt yours will be covered too. Goodluck though... we both are dealing with things we shouldn't!!! And yes the humidity is the reason why the leather is "coming" off. Sadly the door panels were cheaply made with cheap glue, its that simple.

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
Hmmm, I thought that's what the Lifetime Jeep MaxCare warranty was for?
It was explained to me at the time of purchase. Bumper to Bumper warranty as long as you own the Jeep, $100.00 deductible.
Those door panel's fit somewhere between the bumpers... Just sayin.
... disappointing and somewhat misleading.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts