Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I want to change out my factory fogs to LED's. Has anyone changed theirs out and what brand of lights did you get?

Thanks!

·
Registered
580 Posts
Look for H11 LED bulbs. I find, for example, OPT7® H11 Nova Plasma LED Fog Light Bulbs - 6000K Cool White. I would want a lower a color temperature in fog lights, nothing over 4000°K.

Be aware that changing to another bulb, and an LED bulb isn't really a bulb anyway, may change the beam pattern dramatically., and usually not for the better. Fog lights should throw a wide, relatively short beam that doesn't reach high above street level, since fog hovers low above the ground and the fog lights are supposed to aim under and not into the fog.

If you live where you don't have fog, you may want to use the fog lights rather as supplemental impromptu curve lights, better than nothing, but that may not be a legal use in your jurisdiction.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Be aware that changing to another bulb, and an LED bulb isn't really a bulb anyway, may change the beam pattern dramatically., and usually not for the better.
So true. When that person coming at you with bright lights that are not pointing where they should(your eyes!), most likely it's the bulb they put in.
Even the color changes things.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.