Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a bulb install tutorial or the OPT7 LED's. Depending on what buls you get,will depend how they will sit in the housing. Dont worry ill explain with pictures. Make sure you wear rubber/latex gloves when you do this to prevent any oil from your hands transferring to bulbs and prematurely burning them out.

1. Pop your hood and find and remove the rubber covers that grant you access the the headlight housing (just pull the tab indicated by the orange arrow).
IMG_20151015_170309.jpg

2. Reach inside the housing, you will feel the back of the bulb (follow the wire). Grab the back of it and turn your hand counter-clockwise and the bulb should unlatch from the housing.

3.Pull the bulb out of the housing and you should see the picture below. Toward the bottom of the grew piece (where the orange arrow is) there is a tab. Push in hard on the tab while pulling the gray adapter out of the bulb. This will separate the bulb from the adapter.
IMG_20151015_170631.jpg

4. Repeat steps 1-3 for the opposite side. Place bulbs in a safe place just in case something happens to your LEDs and you need replacement bulbs.

5. If you order the OPT7 LED's then you should have got a H13 adapter indicated by the box below. Make sure you plug it in. to your new light.
IMG_20151015_170712_box.jpg

6. At least with my lights i found that it was much easier to adjust the beam if i took out the screw in the below picture, this allowed me to rotate the bulb in the housing.
IMG_20151015_170712_scew.jpg

7. Becasue of the jeep light housing paired with how these bulbs work you want them sitting with the leds pointing left and right o|o . Other bulbs may require the bulbs be pointed up and down.

8. Now its its time to reinstall them pretty much exactly how you took them out. Once they are in the housing, make sure they look like this. (Note: the wire is on the bottom, perfectly strait up and down). if you look in your headlight houseing you should seethe the bulbs facing left and right. not up and down.
IMG_20151015_170957 (2).jpg

9. Plug LED light to the gray car plug, place all the wires in the housing and throw the rubber cover back on.

10. Enjoy the lights :D
IMG_20151015_200722.jpg

·
Registered
580 Posts
I'd like to see a picture taken of from the driver's point of view. Don't care for pictures of looking into the headlights. Doesn't tell me how well they work.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd like to see a picture taken of from the driver's point of view. Don't care for pictures of looking into the headlights. Doesn't tell me how well they work.
Ill try to upload one by tonight, if not tomorrow morning. They do work pretty fantastically.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ill try to upload one by tonight, if not tomorrow morning. They do work pretty fantastically.
Low Beams (Fogs Off)
IMG_20151027_052250.jpg

High Beams
IMG_20151027_052234.jpg

Low with Fogs (Arent really this blue, the yellow shifted the white balance when the pic was taken)
IMG_20151027_052320.jpg

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Interesting.

Maybe you could install LEDs into the fog lights also?
you absolutly could. I just couldn't find a pair of fogs that i liked, were as bright enough and were 3000k. Led Fogs are generally "bright looking" but becasue of the housings they don't throw the light that great. Now if we had projectors in there it would be a different story. Its your jeep, you can do what ever you want! ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks!!!

It's a great piece of reading. Thanx author! I have tried to install LED lights on my Land Cruiser few times and only with your help I managed it. Great guide!:)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Can you take a pic facing a wall? Like, 25 feet or so away? Trying to gauge how much glare there is from these. Thanks!
Yea I can do this tomorrow night for ya. I'm currently traveling. I've never been flashed once with these (for blinding drivers) and I've had them in about 2 months

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
580 Posts
Also looking forward to the picture of the pattern on a wall.

BTW, which OPT& H13 LED lights did you get? Clear Arc-Beam Kit - H13 (9008) - 80w 7,000Lm 6K Cool White CREE?

Those have a lot of output an are very blueish.

I also see Oracle H13 LED bulbs:

• Lumens: 2,200 lm
• Wattage: 28 W per bulb
• Technology: 2x14 W CREE LED (per bulb)
No info on color temperature.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have these lights installed As well there is definatly extra light beaming out of the normal area. However, I have had my wife follow me with the lights on while I was in the truck and it was good. I had my wife follow me in a rental and it was bright, but no bringer than factory HIDs.

My light pattern does not look as good as yours. I didn't adjust the LEDs to look 0|0. Can you elaborate?

·
Registered
287 Posts
I just did the headlights with a different brand but look very much like the OPT-7 lights. Like the OP, I also had to adjust the lamp so that the LED's pointed directly left and right. The lights work great - no errors, nice and bright white.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts